• TAG Heuer Boss Sees Trouble for Old School Watch Makers

Apple Watch spells trouble for traditional timepiece makers. That's the ominous message from a man who knows a thing or two about watches.

TAG Heuer's Jean-Claude Biver is among those who believe Apple Watch will be a game changer for yesterday's timepieces. So why is he making such an admission? It looks like Tag Heuer is no longer interested in being a maker of yesterday's timepieces.

According to Bloomberg, the luxury watch maker is developing a new timepiece that is both a smartwatch and a device made outside of Switzerland. Why? They need the tech expertise of Silicon Valley to bring their first-ever smartwatch to life. Were not in the communications industry, Switzerland is not, we dont have the technology, Biver says. If you dont have it, you cant innovate.

Clearly, Biver was inspired by Apple Watch's unveiling last fall and praises the change it is bringing to the world of timepieces.

Its a fantastic product, an incredible achievement, he said. Im not just living in the tradition and culture and the past, I also want to be connected to the future. The Apple Watch connects me to the future. My watch connects me to history, to eternity.

Source: Bloomberg
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TAG Heuer Boss Sees Trouble for Watch Makers started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      kalpesh78 -
      Nothing can beat a Tag. Not even the Iwatch. It simply lacks the elegance a TAG has to offer.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook