• Apple Releases iOS 8.1.3 to the Public With Various Bug Fixes and Improvements

iOS 8.1.3 has been expected for a couple of weeks now after Web logs revealed that the software was in the midst of being tested. Finally, on Tuesday, Apple has released the new firmware to the public with various bug fixes and improvements.

In iOS 8.1.3, users will find that the operating system now automatically reduces the amount of storage space that is required to perform an OTA (over-the-air) software update. Additionally, the update fixes a problem that would make it impossible for some users to enter their Apple ID for iMessage and FaceTime, as well as an issue that could prevent SpotLight from showing application search results, and finally fixes an issue that kept multitasking gestures from working on the iPad.

Apple also notes that iOS 8.1.3 adds brand-new configuration options for education standardized testing, which will help for institutions that are putting Apple's iOS 8 devices to work in the educational system.

iOS 8.1.3 is available both OTA (over-the-air) and via iTunes. It is recommended that if you are jailbroken, you do not update just yet. At this point in time, iOS 8.1.3 has not been confirmed to be jailbreak safe, and this means that updating could cause you to lose your jailbreak. On the other hand, if you don't care about jailbreaking, you should update as soon as possible so that you have the latest bug fixes and security improvements.

Update: TaiG appears to be patched in iOS 8.1.3. Jailbreakers should stay away from iOS 8.1.3. More information here.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Releases iOS 8.1.3 to the Public With Various Bug Fixes and Improvements started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      scroogelives -
      I wonder how long till the Chinese hackers break this update and launch the jailbreak?
      gldoorii -
      *sigh* Still waiting for an update that allows me to add a "now playing" song to a playlist. I did it with Rhapsody looong ago and now with Amazon Music and Xbox Music.. Why oh why can't I with the stock Music app, Apple? Maybe iOS 9.
      norulesjustgo -
      Does it fix the annoying issue when your getting iMessages and you're doing something else and the phone locking up?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Just wanted to comment on this and let everyone know in case they missed the update to the article that iOS 8.1.3 does indeed patch TaiG.
      Perceptum -
      Hopefully it fixes the no cellular data issue on iPads.
      Paddycakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Just wanted to comment on this and let everyone know in case they missed the update to the article that iOS 8.1.3 does indeed patch TaiG.
      Anyone know if 8.1.2 is still being signed or if it's even worth trying to upgrade to 8.1.2 from 8.1?
      bbrks -
      Yes, Apple is still signing 8.1.2
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      Yes, Apple is still signing 8.1.2
      Check signing status here: https://ipsw.me/
      orgy9111 -
      Hope this will resolve the landscape mode crash in safari on iPhone 6+
      xboxbml -
      8.1.2 Still being signed!
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box