• Apple's Retail Stores Will Be Like Fort Knox When Securing the Gold Apple Watch

Apple is planning some serious security measures for its Apple retail stores when it starts offering the 24-karat gold Apple Watch in just a couple of months. Display units in Apple's retail stores will be secured down tightly, almost as if they were being stored at Fort Knox.

Numerous reports are confirming that Apple's retail stores will be displaying the golden Apple Watch in stores, but will be put away into very secure safes when the stores are closed. Moreover, Apple's safes will reportedly be equipped with Magsafe charging capabilities to keep the Apple Watches charged up day-after-day.

In addition, Apple isn't taking any chances on returns either. 9to5Mac notes that in addition to the specialized storage safes, Apple will have special scales that can measure the weight of the golden Apple Watches to ensure that the gold plating hasn't been tampered with by the customer.

Apple is taking various steps to deter theft of the golden Apple Watch, which is expected to cost several thousands of dollars, depending on the model. Without these security measures, the Apple Watch, which is normally a very small and valuable item, could be stolen from stores by thieves much more easily.

The other, non-golden, versions of the Apple Watch are not expected to see the same amounts of tight security, and will be more accessible by customers in stores.

Sources: 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Retail Stores Will Be Like Fort Knox When Securing the Gold Apple Watch started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Ambi_Valence -
      They’ll have to employ the ‘Taste Police’ to guard the gaudy atrocities.
      mwhite67 -
      This thing is soooooo ugly. I'll wait until they have a less thick and rounded version.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by mwhite67 View Post
      This thing is soooooo ugly. I'll wait until they have a less thick and rounded version.
      I think it's a taste thing as I think it looks quite nice. Maybe not compared to the price, but still a relatively nice watch.
      SirZyrion -
      "...several thousands of dollars..."?

I thought this thing was $350?!
      slickric -
      Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post

for the aluminium version yes, this is referring the the 24ct version
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post