• Apple Ups App Store Download Limit to 4GB

Apple is moving on up. And that's not just a reference to share prices.

On Thursday, Apple officially increased the size limit on App Store downloads. The new limit is now 4GB. This move effectively doubles the previous cap.

"The size limit of an app package submitted through iTunes Connect has increased from 2 GB to 4 GB, so you can include more media in your submission and provide a more complete, rich user experience upon installation," Apple says on its Developer page.

Apple is quick to note, however, that this particular change has no impact on the cellular network delivery size. That remains limited to 100 MB.

Nonetheless, with apps becoming increasingly more sophisticated and rich with media, features, and surprisingly elaborate capabilities, the expansion of the download size limit will likely be well-received by the vast community of iOS junkies around the globe.

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Ups App Store Download Limit to 4GB started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      "In other news, we'd like to once again offer a big 'screw you' to all our 16GB customers. Have a nice day."
      copper_maximus -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      "In other news, we'd like to once again offer a big 'screw you' to all our 16GB customers. Have a nice day."
      Lol, I never understood why people even buy the tiny 16gb.....after system files and such what do you have left like 12gb ?
      kickerman65 -
      Quote Originally Posted by copper_maximus View Post
      Lol, I never understood why people even buy the tiny 16gb.....after system files and such what do you have left like 12gb ?
      Exactly. I don't even know why they decided to keep making the 16gb model. They decided to keep the 16gb and ditch the 32gb model? Makes no sense .
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook