• AT&T's Modio LTE Case for Wi-Fi iPad Minis to Begin Shipping on March 20th

For those with Wi-Fi-only iPad Minis, the good news is that AT&T has a solution for you called the Modio smart case, which includes various features including a microSD card slot (Supports up to 32GB), a built-in 4600 mAh battery, and even built-in LTE connectivity for the device.

AT&T has announced that the case will begin shipping to consumers starting on March 20th and has announced some of the pricing details for the LTE connectivity that Wi-Fi-only iPad mini owners are wanting.

You can buy the case outright, as AppleInsider reports, or you can settle for a monthly plan where you pay $50 for the case and sign a two-year contract with a monthly expense that eventually pays off the case as well as your service from AT&T.

AT&T notes that the device will require pairing with the App Store application and will allow you to keep track of your data usage and monitor the content and traffic that is used on your cellular connection.

Sources: AT&T via AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: AT&T's Modio LTE Case for Wi-Fi iPad Minis to Begin Shipping on March 20th started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      How will the sdcard work?
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      How will the sdcard work?
      Meaning read/write?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      Meaning read/write?
      The App Store application will work with the case to allow you to view/add/remove files via the application.
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      The App Store application will work with the case to allow you to view/add/remove files via the application.
      Thank you, I understood that. My question was to the poster as to what perhaps his misunderstanding/question may have been.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Meaning read/write?
      Mainly I was wondering what useful benefit it would have. Will it store my music/ movies/ apps? I suppose it'll work through lightning, but how will the ipad read the card?
      Dranon -
      Too bad they did not add a keyboard!
      Bo Troxell -
      SpiderManAPV -
      Guess I'll need to check out that website.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Thank you, I understood that. My question was to the poster as to what perhaps his misunderstanding/question may have been.
      Sorry, I was meaning to quote him.
      Jahooba -
      So how much money does one save by doing this? Those LTE-enable iPads are quite a bit more expensive than the wifi model.
      steve-z17 -
      It would be awesome if the case used data from your current plan instead of having to sign up for another one.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook