• Popular iOS FPS Game Modern Combat 5: Blackout Goes Freemium in Latest Update

Modern Combat 5: Blackout is an incredibly popular first person shooter game the on the iOS platform; it's a part of a long series that has been re-released year-after-year for several years by iOS game publisher Gameloft. The game was originally released mid-2014 and has been a real blast to play ever since with its engaging single-player campaign mode and exhilarating online multi-player mode.

Previously $6.99, the game has now been listed as free in the iOS App Store with its latest game update. Gameloft has re-published Modern Combat 5: Blackout with the 'Freemium' game model, which means that although it's free to download, it offers in-app purchases which will require real world money to unlock in-game content.

The update also adds a variety of new gaming features for players to use while taking out terrorists and enemies. Users can now take advantage of even more character customization, more weapons, controller support, and a brand-new Support class.

The full change log via the App Store description can be found below:

Hit the deck! A barrage of new features is heading right for Modern Combat 5 in this exciting new update.

NEW CLASS REPORTING FOR DUTY!
    - The Support class gives your team the backup they need
    - Drop medical kits to heal allies
    - Let your teammates respawn on the spot they died
    - Boost your own abilities and efficiency on the battlefield

WEAPONS APLENTY
    - Extra weapon tier for each class
    - New Light Machine Gun category for Support class

ALL-NEW MULTIPLAYER MODE: ZONE CONTROL
    - Capture and defend areas to rack up score superiority

CONTROLLER SUPPORT
    - Enjoy the game using a standard, form-fitting or extended controller

MORE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
    - Weapon camos
    - New masks and skills
    - New solo and squad logos
    - New kill signs
    If you're already a Modern Combat 5: Blackout player, then this update is waiting for you under the Updates tab in the App Store application; those with automatic updates will have the update installed for them automatically. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Modern Combat 5: Blackout for free from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Popular iOS FPS Game Modern Combat 5: Blackout Goes Freemium in Latest Update started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      rashad1 -
      So do people who have already purchased the game get a $7 credit?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
      So do people who have already purchased the game get a $7 credit?
      No, sorry.
      se23 -
      Won't let me install it [emoji35] I press the get button, then install but then it goes back to get.
      Neojok -
      Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
      Won't let me install it [emoji35] I press the get button, then install but then it goes back to get.
      Reboot iPhone then redo it. It works for me
      johnherry -
      I wouldn't expect this to be a permanent ,but I haven't started
      se23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Neojok View Post
      Reboot iPhone then redo it. It works for me
      It worked [emoji106]
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook