• Apple Officially Begins Accepting Android/Other Smartphones for Trade-ins Toward iPhones

For a long time, Apple has accepted trade-ins of old Macs, PCs, iPhones, and iPads for a credit value towards a brand-new iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Mac in Apple's Retail stores. Among trading in an older device, the customer could be given an Apple Store gift card of varying values that could be redeemed in Apple's retail stores.

As rumored earlier in the month, Apple has officially opened up its trade-in program to accept third-party smartphones for a trade-in value too. This includes Android, Nokia, Windows Phone, and many other acceptable trade-in devices that could offer some value towards a brand-new iPhone in Apple's retail stores.

Potential customers can bring their devices into Apple retail stores physically, or they can get an online estimate and mail it in to Apple and receive a gift card in the mail. All details necessary to take part in the Apple trade-in program are on Apple's Web site at this link.

Currently, residents of the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, and Italy can take advantage of this new mobile device trade-in program as of Monday.

Sources: Apple via MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Officially Begins Accepting Android Devices for Trade-ins Toward iPhones started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      Chuck1969 -
      I had been with the iPhone since the first all the way to the 5...decided to get the S5, big mistake...didn't keep the S5 for a year before trading it in for a 6+.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Is that image from Canadian or UK Apple website since in US, the correct spelling is Installment (with two Ls).
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Is that image from Canadian or UK Apple website since in US, the correct spelling is Installment (with two Ls).
      The link sourced is from the Apple UK site.
      kressley -
      Hmm. I went in before Christmas to trade in a white iPhone 4s but was turned down because where the charger plugs in was black...well from plugging in the official iPhone charger for a year and a half.
      Went home and checked my wife's and sure enough hers was the same.

Disappointed and had to pay full price for the upgrade.
      NSXrebel -
      get ready for $20-50 gift certificates for your android phone.
      toawkanavngthded -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1969 View Post
      I had been with the iPhone since the first all the way to the 5...decided to get the S5, big mistake...didn't keep the S5 for a year before trading it in for a 6+.
      Tell me about it! I ended up getting the lg g3. Regretted it! Ugh I'm stuck with AT&T next program until next Aug =( wonder how much I can get though
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      get ready for $20-50 gift certificates for your android phone.
      I wouldn't be surprised lol.

Apple is just going to melt them down into gold.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook