• Apple's Revamped Streaming Music Service Will Reportedly Offer 2 Different Prices

It has been reported that Apple has gotten in touch with Ďmore than a dození music artists to set up exclusive content for their upcoming revamped music streaming service. The newly upgraded service is supposed to have two different tiered subscription plans that will offer a discount for families. Bloomberg noted that Beats Music would be keeping their current $9.99/month rate, as well as offer a new $14.99/month rate for families.

So far it was noted that Apple is trying to secure exclusive content with artists Florence and the Machine as well as Taylor Swift. Beats cofounder Jimmy Iovine was reportedly reaching out to artists trying to make deals into getting exclusive content for Apple. Jay Zís recently re-launched HD music service Tidal is supposedly also taking the same route, which means it is only a matter of getting to the artists first. The two may be going after different artists, but it is hard to imagine them not overlapping in which artists they want to work with.

Tidal will also cost users $9.99/month for their standard option, but $19.99/month for high quality tracks with exclusive content from Beyonce and Rihanna. Which music service do you think will be more successful? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Source: Bloomberg
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Revamped Streaming Music Service Will Reportedly Offer 2 Different Prices started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
      crslaeme -
      They got nothing on spotify :P
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by crslaeme View Post
      They got nothing on spotify :P
      I dunno... I couldn't ever get into spotify. It always felt like it was missing something, but I didn't know what. I actually prefer things like iTunes radio and Pandora.
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      I dunno... I couldn't ever get into spotify. It always felt like it was missing something, but I didn't know what. I actually prefer things like iTunes radio and Pandora.
      Same
      Nuff Said -
      Spotify is good for albums and that's it. Their playlists suck.
      edwilk55 -
      I've only had trouble finding one song in the 3 years I've been a Spotify member. I have several playlist, albums and over 300 songs in the main Starred list. Works for me every day. Beats will have to bring something special to the table for me to change over or evey give it a 2nd thought to switch.
      crslaeme -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      Yeah I first I was like wth this sucks but, it took me a while to get use to it and I like it, pandora always played the same song over and over and over and old songs its was pretty annoying I had it for a year, I try iTunes Radio it used to much data
      crslaeme -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
      Spotify is good for albums and that's it. Their playlists suck.
      Yeah, I am an album type of person, don't really like some of the playlist they have but you can create your own list too with your own taste too I don't do that its to much work lol I just listen to the album
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by crslaeme View Post
      Yeah I first I was like wth this sucks but, it took me a while to get use to it and I like it, pandora always played the same song over and over and over and old songs its was pretty annoying I had it for a year, I try iTunes Radio it used to much data
      Yeah, that's why I quit Pandora. I do love me some iTunes radio though.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook