• KGI Securities Analyst Reports that Apple Watch Preorders Exceed 2.3million Units

Ming-Chi Kuo from KGI Securities has recently released a new note stating that global preorders of the Apple Watch has been estimated to be more than 2.3 million units. Just earlier this week, we noted that Slice Intelligence estimated 1 million units preordered in the U.S. alone. Kuo’s statement stated that by the end of May, preorders should be around 2.3 million units if not more.

We estimate production of Apple Watch around 2.3mn units in March-May. Mass production of Apple Watch began in March and will likely reach 2.3mn by end of May. Considering that most consumers who preordered will not get the device until June, we estimate global preorders of over 2.3mn units, with Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch and Apple Watch Edition representing a respective order allocation of 85%, 15% and less than 1%.
    Kuo believes that approximately 85% of the units preordered goes to the Apple Watch, and the most expensive Apple Watch Edition only accounts for less than 1%. The analyst also noted that it is still too soon to say whether or not the smartwatch is a success or not. He also stated that production issues surround the vibration unit of the device. Apparently the AMOLED display is experiencing color performance issues, hence the delay.

Apple noted that delivery times may be earlier than what’s listed on the website, which means those who preordered the device may receive it sooner than imagined.

Source: KGI Securities
    This article was originally published in forum thread: KGI Securities Analyst Reports that Apple Watch Preorders Exceed 2.3million Units started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      Sage I -
      Even though mine says it's shipping in June maybe I'll get it in May instead...
      novadam -
      "Kuo believes that approximately 85% of the units preordered goes to the Apple Watch, and the most expensive Apple Watch Edition only accounts for less than 1%."

I read the article as saying 85% went to the Sport, 15% to the Watch, and 1% to the Watch Edition.
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      "Kuo believes that approximately 85% of the units preordered goes to the Apple Watch, and the most expensive Apple Watch Edition only accounts for less than 1%."

I read the article as saying 85% went to the Sport, 15% to the Watch, and 1% to the Watch Edition.
      101%? Apple did the impossible
      novadam -
      ok, "less than 1%." I was abbreviating.

The relevant point is that the cheap one was 85% of sales, not the more expensive one.
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      101%? Apple did the impossible
      [emoji2][emoji2][emoji106][emoji106]
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook