• Team Android Discovers a Google Maps Jab at Apple

Let's think of it as Google's way of telling the folks at Apple that they're "number one."

According to a discovery noted first by the folks at Team Android, there's an Easter egg in Google Maps that depicts the Android logo, shall we say, raining on Apple's parade.

If you don't get the picture, just look at the picture above.

"The image is a screenshot of what Google Maps users will see near Rawalpindi, Pakistan," the report explains.
    "This is not just on the desktop version of Google Maps" As it turns out, the Android app displays the same thing except for when in “Satellite view.”

"This probably could be some kind of a joke by Google — but I think we are way past the April Fool’s Day now," says Team Android.

To check out all the imagery for yourself, click here.

Source: Team Android
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Team Android Discovers a Google Maps Jab at Apple started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      spongebobiwan -
      It doesn't show up now for me at least. Either it has been removed, or was never there. I have no way of knowing. Regardless, even if it was really there initially, I would think it really unprofessional and probably not something done by Google itself, but by some rogue immature programmer without Google's knowledge. JMHO
      unison999 -
      Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
      It doesn't show up now for me at least. Either it has been removed, or was never there. I have no way of knowing. Regardless, even if it was really there initially, I would think it really unprofessional and probably not something done by Google itself, but by some rogue immature programmer without Google's knowledge. JMHO

There is 2 of them actually do a search and you will see some guy making fun of Google review process.
      So it was done by some guy as a joke, so no it was not done by Google themselves.
      Google will not be able to scrutinize some back woods area hardly anyone goes to they just assume that it is ok, but they do in highly populated area.
      edwilk55 -
      Microsoft gave us a flight simulator in Excel...this is what you get from Google. Enough said...
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
      Microsoft gave us a flight simulator in Excel...this is what you get from Google. Enough said...
      Flight simulator?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook