• Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 8.4 to Developers & Public Beta Participants for Testing

On Monday, Apple seeded a second beta of iOS 8.4 to developers and Public Beta Program participants for testing. The update is available both OTA on beta testing devices and online via Apple's developer portal and has been given the build number 12H4086d.

The second beta of iOS 8.4 comes two weeks after the original iOS 8.4 beta, which introduced an all-new redesigned Music application for the operating system. The new beta appears to fix a slew of bugs associated with the new Music application, making it more stable and more usable.

The new Music application, as noted in the previous beta, includes all of the following features:

Preview the new Music app
    The iOS 8.4 Beta includes an early preview of the the all-new Music app. With powerful features and an elegant new look, enjoying your music is easier than ever. This preview provides a sneak peek into what we’ve been working on, and what’s to come — the music is just getting started.

All-New Design. Music app has a beautiful new design that makes exploring your music collection easier and more fun. Personalize playlists by adding your own image and description. Enjoy stunning pictures of your favorite artists in the Artists view. Start playing an album right from the album list. The music you love is never more than a tap away.
    Recently Added. Albums and playlists you’ve recently added are now at the top of your library, making it effortless to find something new to play. Simply tap play on the artwork to listen.
    Streamlined iTunes Radio. Discovering music with iTunes Radio is easier than ever. You can now quickly return to your favorite stations in Recently Played. Choose from a selection of hand-curated stations in Featured Stations, or start a new one from your favorite artist or song.
    New MiniPlayer. With the new MiniPlayer, you can see what’s playing and control playback while browsing your music collection. To open Now Playing, just tap on the MiniPlayer.
    Improved Now Playing. Now Playing has a stunning new design that showcases your album artwork the way it was meant to be. In addition, you can begin wirelessly streaming your music using AirPlay without leaving Now Playing.
    Up Next. It’s now simple to find out which songs from your library will play next — just tap the Up Next icon in Now Playing. You can even reorder, add, or skip songs whenever you like.
    Global Search. You can now search from anywhere in the Music app — just tap the magnifying glass. Search results are conveniently organized to help you quickly find that perfect song. You can even start an iTunes Radio station right from Search.
    Although no iOS firmware post-iOS 8.1.2 has received a public jailbreak, well-known security researcher i0n1c recently uploaded a video to YouTube showing that it was possible to jailbreak iOS 8.4 beta 1. Although it's unlikely that i0n1c's jailbreak will be released to the public, it does show that iOS 8.4 isn't jailbreak-proof and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

iOS 8.4 is expected to make a public release some time around WWDC 2015.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 8.4 to Developers for Testing started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      xboxbml -
      I wonder if they fixed the space reporting issue that's been around since at least 8.3b4.... Maybe I'll load it when I get home and see...
      talkin73 -
      The anywhere search and mini player sound interesting and useful. Is really like to see something as basic, but functional, as cross fade get added at some point. Amazing this feature is still absent. I can cross fade with my SONOS app when streaming but not the built in Music app. Disappointing.
      bmwraw8482 -
      Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
      The anywhere search and mini player sound interesting and useful. Is really like to see something as basic, but functional, as cross fade get added at some point. Amazing this feature is still absent. I can cross fade with my SONOS app when streaming but not the built in Music app. Disappointing.
      I never noticed that wasn't an option till now. I guess I just assumed it was there since it's there in iTunes (it is there in iTunes right?)
      TDH Advocate -
      Definitely gonna update tonight. I'm on beta 1 and love the new music app but the radio section was destroyed by beta 1 and makes it impossible to find your stations from 8-8.3 unless you played it the week before the update. Not to mention I need to go to the most recent to even get the radio to load in beta 1. Hopefully that was fixed.

EDIT* Beta 2 has not only failed to fix iTunes radio but has in fact broken it even more so than before. Now I cannot play iTunes radio at all. Thanks apple for ruining my main source of music for the next two weeks.

EDIT 2* Correction, I can use it but I have to search for the station now. Even more of a pain than beta 1. Beta 3 come faster.
      buggsy2 -
      Apple is still stuck with the owned-and-stored music paradigm. Sure it's good to have some locally stored but they need to revisit and rethink the whole concept. I know I don't really want to own movies and most music, just rent them.
      xboxbml -
      Well...b2 loaded...iCloud still reporting wrong on initial space display...syncing pics back on..we'll see when I'm done if iTunes and device space agrees
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook