• Samsung Experiences Year-Over-Year Profit Decline in Mobile Device Division

New reports are claiming that Korean-based company Samsung has declined in year-over-year profit in their mobile device division. It was noted that the company’s mobile business only generated 2.74 trillion won, which is equivalent to around $2.5 billion USD. Samsung was previously looking at 6.4 trillion won (approximately $6 billion USD) in operating profits during the same time last year. The report said that the reason behind the declined profits was due to the decreased selling prices of the company’s smartphones. In other words, even though sales for the Galaxy A improved, it most likely took away from the Galaxy S devices.

Although Samsung’s overall profit decreased this year, it was still much better than their sales in 2014. The Korean –based company saw an all-time low in profits last year but due to the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, first-quarter numbers are better than 2014’s fourth-quarter. In general, Samsung reached a rough patch in 2014, but it seems like they are slowly getting better compared to last year. However, it should be noted that just recently Samsung has taken back the title for world’s largest smartphone maker during the March quarter. Apple shipped only 612 million devices during that time period, whereas Samsung shipped 83.2 million.

Source: AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Experiences Year-Over-Year Profit Decline in Mobile Device Division started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      talkin73 -
      Should that be 61.2 million instead of 612 million?
      tridley68 -
      Quote Originally Posted by talkin73 View Post
      Should that be 61.2 million instead of 612 million?

This does not surprise me that their profits are declining the phones are junk and so far behind in updates I think I will stick with a winner and keep my Apple products.
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
      This does not surprise me that their profits are declining the phones are junk and so far behind in updates I think I will stick with a winner and keep my Apple products.
      Calling Samsung phones "junk" is a little bit of an exaggeration in my opinion.
      Galaxy users are way ahead of us ( iPhone users) in many aspects. Usability and functions for every day business use are light years ahead of any iPhone.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook