• Revamped Apple Beats Music Service May Take Customers Away from Spotify



    It has been rumored recently that Apple would be announcing their newly revamped Beats Music Streaming Service at this yearís Worldwide Developerís Conference in June. A new report from The Informationis claiming that popular Swedish music streaming service Spotify will be affected by the revamp and have more to lose. The Information noted that approximately 11% of iOS users use Spotify on a weekly basis. However, the report says that the number is now just about 7%.

    According to The Information, Apple users are said to have more money to spend on subscription services. Android users on the other hand, spend more money on iHeartRadio, Pandora, and Amazon Music. Beats Music however, accounts for less than 1% of users on either platform, therefore making them the smallest music streaming service compared to services from Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, etc.

    The report claims that once Apple releases the revamped version of Beats Music more users will be using the service, therefore taking customers away from Spotify. We suppose Spotify needs to do something to impress their users so that they will be able to keep their listeners instead of giving them away to Beats Music.

    Source: The Information
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Revamped Apple Beats Music Service May Take Customers Away from Spotify started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      If Apple uses Beats to get rid of free service, they just guaranteed I wonít be using Beats.
    1. MoonFighter's Avatar
      MoonFighter -
      I'm not sure I follow the logic here. If I have a choice between paying for something or getting it for free (legally), I'm going to opt for free regardless of how much money I have to spend.
    1. Nuff Said's Avatar
      Nuff Said -
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonFighter View Post
      I'm not sure I follow the logic here. If I have a choice between paying for something or getting it for free (legally), I'm going to opt for free regardless of how much money I have to spend.
      I'm thinking the same. Unless their service is free, spotify is pretty much unbeatable and it's not even close (just like the numbers suggest).
    1. jackbauerctu's Avatar
      jackbauerctu -
      Maybe they mean the paid versions?
    1. MoonFighter's Avatar
      MoonFighter -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Maybe they mean the paid versions?
      That would make sense
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      If Apple uses Beats to get rid of free service, they just guaranteed I wonít be using Beats.
      I'm confused by all the talk of taking something free and adding cost to it. Does Apple currently offer a free service for on-demand music? They have their radio part of iTunes, but that's not the same kind of service. You can't build playlists of exact songs you want to listen to. That's where they will compete with Spotify et al as I understand if.
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
      I'm thinking the same. Unless their service is free, spotify is pretty much unbeatable and it's not even close (just like the numbers suggest).
      nothing is unbeatable. It would seem Apple would have a distinct advantage with their customers who use iTunes since Apple will already have great inisght into your tastes and preferences for music.

      Try not to be so biased and reserve jusdgement for when the actual product comes out and gets some use.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      I'm confused by all the talk of taking something free and adding cost to it. Does Apple currently offer a free service for on-demand music? They have their radio part of iTunes, but that's not the same kind of service. You can't build playlists of exact songs you want to listen to. That's where they will compete with Spotify et al as I understand if.
      There was an article several weeks ago about Apple trying to force other companies to close their free services. Even so, I use iTunes radio the most and would be sorely disappointed to see it go.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook