• Apple Pay Support to Come to Home Depot Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Bloomberg has reported that hardware chain Home Depot will soon be officially supporting Apple Pay in retail stores. No date has been confirmed yet on when exactly support for the payment system is supposed to begin. Before any of this could go forward, the company will have to upgrade their point-of-sale machines first. Home Depot’s payment terminals currently have support for NFC payments via PayPal mobile and unofficial use of Apple Pay. But it was noted that users reported not being able to use the unofficial payment service for any longer.

Apparently AppleInsider reached out to the company regarding this matter and received the following response:

Home Depot is currently “evaluating a number of new payment methods, including a number of mobile payments but have not made any permanent decisions and we cannot confirm whether these technologies are fully supported at this time."
    Home Depot has currently disabled the NFC checkout terminals as they are upgrading their system. It was also noted that there are over 2,000 Home Depot stores across the U.S., so once Apple Pay gets implemented, it could one of Apple’s largest retail partner.

Source: Bloomberg
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Pay Support to Come to Home Depot Brick-and-Motor Stores started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      bmwraw8482 -
      *mortar

That's dangerous for them to have apple pay. They're my favorite toy store!
      wdpower -
      I've been using Apple pay at Home Depot for a while now?
      BobHackett2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by wdpower View Post
      You have? My local store has the equipment, but it doesn't accept any payments through it. Every time I use an Apple Pay card there, and I've tried a few different ones on a few different occasions, it comes up "Card Not Recognized."
      LittleJob -
      Ditto. Loving peoples reaction, had a clerk think my phone magically hacked the machine once. Was epic.
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      *mortar

Lol. What is it about men and hardware stores? We have one called b&q in the UK and I could spend days in it looking at tools and drills etc
      Oddlane -
      Also to Trader Joes...
      buggsy2 -
      Excellent. Finally a large well known chain gets on board, big win for Apple.
      csglinux -
      Same here.
      NSXrebel -
      It was being accepted unofficially, but apparently not all cards on Apple Pay would go through. Lots of declines/errors, so I think they are overhauling their system to get rid of the glitches and accept it officially.
      Robmille -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      *mortar

This was the first thing I though, who builds a store with bricks & motor engines, it's "brick and mortar" as in the mortar that binds the bricks together.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook