• Pixelmator Coming to the iPhone Soon, iPad Version Gets Slashed to 50% Off

The development team behind Pixelmator, one of the best Mac OS X alternatives to Adobe Photoshop in terms of features, has announced on the Pixelmator blog on Wednesday that an iPhone version of the application is set to launch soon. The iPhone version of Pixelmator will be a universal binary, which means those that already own Pixelmator for the iPad will be able to download Pixelmator for the iPhone free of charge.

Moreover, Pixelmator has announced a special sale; Pixelmator for the iPad is currently 50% off for a limited time, so that means you can grab it from this App Store link for just $4.99 instead of the usual $9.99 and when the iPhone version is finally available, you can just download it when it's out.

Obviously, the iPhone has a more limited canvas space than the iPad does, so the user interface will focus on a more full-screen style. It will be best used on larger devices, like the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, but should also work on the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5. No official details on a release date have been specified except for "soon." Pixelmator shares the promo video below:

Plenty of the fully-featured tools will be available on the iPhone version, so we're excited to see this kind of photo manipulation control on the iPhone once and for all.

Sources: Pixelmator
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Pixelmator Coming to the iPhone Soon, iPad Version Gets Slashed to 50% Off started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      hopethemodworx -
      Honestly this app is like apples iPhoto. This is ridiculously over priced. Photoshop touch does the same thing and more for free. I'm pretty bummed that I paid $10 for this. [emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]
      mgmm1 -
      From what I see Adobe Photoshop Touch is also $4.99 unless there is more than one.
      hopethemodworx -
      There is a free version for iPhone. I bought the iPad version as well, but it's far better than pixelmator.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook