• Comex Manages to Get a Web Browser Working on the Apple Watch

Comex, a well-known software hacker who made a name for himself by creating simple jailbreaks (such as JailbreakMe) in the past, has just Tweeted a video of an Apple Watch that has been hacked to run a Web browser.

The video, which can be viewed here, clearly shows the Apple Watch looking at the Google Web site with a working copy/paste and define menu, as well as the ability to tap inside of text fields and pan around on the Web site.

Comex is keeping his methods for how he was able to install the Web browser application on his Apple Watch a secret for now. Apple doesn't allow Web browser applications in the App Store for the Apple Watch, so this is something that he needed to install on his own.

In its current stages, it's obviously a proof of concept. Since the Apple Watch display is so small, it would be difficult to have an immersive Web browsing experience. Nonetheless, we applaud Comex for his great work and can't wait to see more updates on this project.

Sources: Comex
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Comex Manages to Get a Web Browser Working on the Apple Watch started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      Waddaya know. I thought Comex worked for Apple now for some reason.
      dsg -
      clever, but why would you need it?
      Silverado1987 -
      Why couldn't you activate Siri and search that way
      exNavy -
      I've never wanted a web browser on my wrist. Jailbreak the latest firmware. And tell that other guy who put old school Mac on an Android watch to stop wasting his time too.
      JesseDegenerate -
      Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
      I've never wanted a web browser on my wrist. Jailbreak the latest firmware. And tell that other guy who put old school Mac on an Android watch to stop wasting his time too.
      Here's a thought. DO something yourself, and stop talking. The guy who put MacOS 6 on a android wear watch was just adjusting the preferences to released emulators. Again, just stop talking. People tinker to tinker, and you should be thankful.
      vXBaKeRXv -
      How about mechanism to unlock doors with the watch?
      Who is going to bank on that idea-
      😀
      I know a iPhone can already do that but it sounds like a hassle..
      Evaded -
      Quote Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv View Post
      How about mechanism to unlock doors with the watch?
      Who is going to bank on that idea-
      [emoji3]
      I know a iPhone can already do that but it sounds like a hassle..
      Just a matter of time with all the new security devices coming out, like Digital Life from AT&T. All they have to do it update the app for the Apple Watch.
      bigboyz -
      Can't wait till the Dev's JB the Apple Watch. Endless possibilities await us.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Can't wait till the Dev's JB the Apple Watch. Endless possibilities await us.
      I don't believe it will happen. Or if it does it'll be as useless as an Apple TV jb.
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
      I don't believe it will happen. Or if it does it'll be as useless as an Apple TV jb.
      1: Apple TV jailbreak is not useless to a lot of people for one reason, Kodi/XMBC.
      2: Apple watch jailbreak could provide a lot of uses, big one that comes to mind first is custom themed watch faces.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      1: Apple TV jailbreak is not useless to a lot of people for one reason, Kodi/XMBC.
      2: Apple watch jailbreak could provide a lot of uses, big one that comes to mind first is custom themed watch faces.
      #2 fair enough. #1 -very small group interested in that.. I would guess.
      Simon -
      #2 fair enough. #1 -very small group interested in that.. I would guess.
      You'd guess wrong. There's a whole community out there who use that software. Not a small thing.

XBMC Statistics | Kodi
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      You'd guess wrong. There's a whole community out there who use that software. Not a small thing.

XBMC Statistics | Kodi
      is it legal access to that service? Or stealing like the MovieBox thing?
      Simon -
      is it legal access to that service? Or stealing like the MovieBox thing?
      Hmm, let's compare it to cydia I suppose. Out of the box it doesn't have anything illegal about it. Install legit channels/plugins to stream stuff and play your own media. It does have sources and plugins that allow free streaming though in line with what apps like moviebox does.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      I don't think it would be useless. Imagine having access to themes, third-party watch faces, and more on the Apple Watch
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook