• Lack of Labor Blamed for Apple Watch Supply Shortage

According to new reports emerging from the far east, labor shortages may be to blame for the supply shortage of Apple Watch units causing shipment times to extend much further into late spring than many customer anticipated when they began preordering last month.

Initially, there was speculative chatter about component supply problems and possibly even display screen issues. But now we understand that the underlying unit shortfall may have more to do with manpower than parts.

And all eyes are turning to Quanta in response to a new Digitimes report.

Because of labor shortages during the Lunar New Year holidays, Quanta was forced to borrow manpower from other manufacturers and was only able to deliver limited shipments in the first quarter. However, Quanta already has sufficient capacity to manufacture all the orders and should see a giant contribution from its wearable device business in the second quarter.

But with labor issues now resolved (at least that's what we're told), product shortages in the future should be minimized.

Source: Digitimes
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Lack of Labor Blamed with Apple Watch Supply Shortage started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      bigboyz -
      Hope that means my Apple Watch will ship sooner than July :]
      tat2me2 -
      It's always something with Apple, don't get me wrong, I'm an iMac user and we have a few iPhones in the family along with a Macbook Air and an iPad Air II - But it just seems like over the course of the last few years, if it isn't one thing it's another as far as shipments and order delays or supply in demand or well you get my point - Not really meaning anything bad towards Apple,. Just sayin'
      teddy2789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by tat2me2 View Post
      It's always something with Apple, don't get me wrong, I'm an iMac user and we have a few iPhones in the family along with a Macbook Air and an iPad Air II - But it just seems like over the course of the last few years, if it isn't one thing it's another as far as shipments and order delays or supply in demand or well you get my point - Not really meaning anything bad towards Apple,. Just sayin'
      I 2 feel the same way, I have all types of Apple products, but every year, it's the same they are not able 2 fulfill the orders, they r falling short....I waited 4 my iPad, I waited for my iPhone 6 Plus, and I guess i am waiting on my Apple Watch as well...5-weeks and counting...
      bigboyz -
      Just received an email yesterday that my Apple Watch ships in 5-7 weeks. Really hope it comes sooner ;]
      teddy2789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Just received an email yesterday that my Apple Watch ships in 5-7 weeks. Really hope it comes sooner ;]
      u mean 5-7 weeks from now...or when u ordered it...which is when..?
      bigboyz -
      5-7 weeks the watch ships. Meaning I ordered it May 6th.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook