• Apple Slashes Price of 5k Retina Display iMac and Launches New $1,999 Configuration

Apple on Tuesday refreshed its iMac 5k retina display model lineup on the online Apple Store Web site with slashed pricing and a new affordable configuration. The 5k retina display iMac now starts at $1,999 instead of $2,499. The higher-end version of the 5k retina display iMac is now available at $2,299 .

The update, which falls in line with the prediction from yesterday, bumps the CPU up to a later quad-core Broadwell Intel Core i5 processor or better, based on the configuration that you choose on Apple's Web site:

With a resolution of 5120 x 2880, the new $1,999 iMac with Retina 5K display has 67 percent more pixels than a 4K display, and features a 3.3 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost Speeds up to 3.7 GHz and AMD Radeon R9 M290 graphics. The new iMac also includes 8GB of memory and 1TB of storage, as well as four USB 3.0 ports and two Thunderbolt 2 ports that deliver up to 20Gbps each, twice the bandwidth of the previous generation. The top-end iMac with Retina 5K display now starts at $2,299 and features a 3.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.9 GHz, AMD Radeon R9 M290X graphics and a 1TB Fusion Drive.
    Although the CPU of the new $1,999 configuration cannot be upgraded from the factory, the now-cheaper $2,299 configuration of the 5k retina display iMac can still be upgraded to a 4.0GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz.

The discrete graphics of the new $1,999 configuration also cannot be upgraded from the factory to help shave some costs for the consumer, but the storage space and RAM can be upgraded from the factory based on the user's tastes of Fusion Drive storage up to 3TB or total flash storage up to 1TB and RAM in 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB flavors.

You can check out, configure, and even order the new 5k retina display iMac on Apple's Web site at this link. The new $1,999 starts shipping in just one business day.

Sources: Apple 1, 2
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Slashes Price of 5k Retina Display iMac and Launches New $1,999 Configuration started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      StuG III -
      AMD, i5 and 8GB of RAM for 2,000+? Boo
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by StuG III View Post
      AMD, i5 and 8GB of RAM for 2,000+? Boo
      Seems like most of what youíre paying for there is the display. In all honesty though, thatís not a bad setup. Not a $2,000 setup, but not bad at all really. I have to admit, I would expect 16GB of RAM, though.
      Bo Troxell -
      Of coarse they lower the price now, I bought my 27" iMac Retina 2 weeks ago.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook