• So... About The Whole No Apple HDTV Thing...

Seemingly moments ago, MMi -- and the rest of the tech news ecosystem -- reported that Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster has finally come to terms with and confessed that it now seems unlikely that Apple will release any time soon a connected HDTV product.

But not everyone agrees. Especially one billionaire with a truck load of AAPL shares projected to go higher, by his own suggestion, that Apple is poised to release game-changing new products like a connected HDTV.

If you guessed that the billionaire alluded to is Carl Icahn, you'd be right. Fresh from yesterday's prediction that Apple will hit $240 per share, Icahn is now responding to WSJ reports saying the Apple HDTV project isn't happening.

"I read the article," Icahn told CNBC today, "not what Tim Cook said or didn't say, but the whole thing is ridiculous ... I'm not backtracking in anyway. I believe they will do a TV. That's my belief."

So... the plot thickens. Stay tuned.

Source: Yahoo Finance
    This article was originally published in forum thread: So... About The Whole No Apple HDTV Thing... started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      PCYoda -
      Apple has absolutely nothing to gain from making an HDTV. They're better off with a set top box like the current Apple TV. People have too many opinions about TVs - everything from size to refresh rate to backlight technology to brand... Apple would be better off creating software to license to a current manufacturer such as LG or Vizio to bring "the apple touch" to their smart TVs rather than become a brand of TV unto themselves, similar to the approach they're taking with Carplay.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by PCYoda View Post
      Apple has absolutely nothing to gain from making an HDTV. They're better off with a set top box like the current Apple TV. People have too many opinions about TVs - everything from size to refresh rate to backlight technology to brand... Apple would be better off creating software to license to a current manufacturer such as LG or Vizio to bring "the apple touch" to their smart TVs rather than become a brand of TV unto themselves, similar to the approach they're taking with Carplay.
      I was thinking the same. Offer a carplay-like OS that can be licensed to TV manufacturers much like Google TV is now.
      jibaro3 -
      Quote Originally Posted by PCYoda View Post
      I agree. I have to many tv at my house, but when I want to rent a movie I use my apple TV or watch Netflix. I wish the apple TV was pre-install on my sony, But they have Google TV wish is ok but you have to keep reseting the tv every week to make it work right
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook