• SwiftKey Keyboard for iOS 8 Gets New Theme Store and Animated Themes

SwiftKey announced on Wednesday that a slew of new keyboard themes would be available to purchase from the popular third-party keyboard via a new theme store.

New themes have been a top request from our users; as of today, five Nickel themes, six Minimal themes and our very first animated theme, Shooting Stars, are available to choose from in the SwiftKey app. This fresh new lineup of 12 – five of which weren’t in the beta – adds to our existing three free themes for SwiftKey for iPhone: Nickel Light, Nickel Dark and Happy Holidays.

Shooting Stars, which features a beautiful night sky, changes as you move your phone, giving the theme a more realistic and dimensional look and feel by making use of parallax. Parallax is just a fancy word for when an object, or objects, seem to be in different positions depending on where you’re viewing them from.
    The themes can then be applied to the keyboard so that you can have a personalized typing experience. There are a total of 12 new themes to choose from, and one of them (called Shooting Stars) is even animated to work with iOS 8's parallax effects, shown below:

The animated Shooting Stars theme goes for $1.99. Some additional themes are shown below.

This is called the Minimal theme set, and the six themes from this set are 99¢ each:

This is called the Nickel theme set, and the five themes from this set are also 99¢ each:

If you're not already using SwiftKey, it's a free download in the iOS App Store at this link.

Sources: SwiftKey
    This article was originally published in forum thread: SwiftKey Keyboard for iOS 8 Gets New Theme Store and Animated Themes started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      ThuD Muffin -
      I'm having an issue where the theme won't apply and instead applies the Nickel dark theme every time.
      Ben Jay Ong -
      Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
      I'm having an issue where the theme won't apply and instead applies the Nickel dark theme every time.
      Quote Originally Posted by friscosooner View Post
      I'm having the same issue. I purchased the Stars theme and as soon as I leave the app it reverts back to my previous one.
      1.3.2 is out on the appstore should be fixed now
      friscosooner -
      I'm having the same issue. I purchased the Stars theme and as soon as I leave the app it reverts back to my previous one.
      ThuD Muffin -
      Thanks for the update [emoji1]
      TDH Advocate -
      It won't let the keyboard load on my phone anymore. It completely breaks it for me. This was the only keyboard I used too. This is bull.
      swiftkeyj -
      Hi folks, I work on the SwiftKey Community team and can respond to the comments here.

Early technical issues with theme store purchase validation have now been fixed. If you experienced these problems, please update your SwiftKey app to 1.3.2 in the App Store, then reselect the theme you purchased under "design" within the app. You will not need to go through the purchase process again. If you have further questions please reach out to our Community Support Team at https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-u..._form_id=24611 and we can follow up directly.
      MoonFighter -
      I love the starry keyboard. I was missing my keyboard background I had when I was jailbroken. This makes me miss my JB a little less [emoji106]
      Jozelito617 -
      The annoying sound as I type this comment how to remove it anyone?
      rolandgabor -
      How come there's no reviews for this utility on the App Store?
      MoonFighter -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jozelito617 View Post
      The annoying sound as I type this comment how to remove it anyone?
      Open SwiftKey app. Go to Keyboard settings and tap on the switch for Key Click Sounds to set it to off.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook