• Adobe Announces Plans to Pull the Plug on Photoshop Touch for iOS Devices

Back in 2013, Adobe launched a popular photo-editing application called Photoshop Touch in the iOS App Store for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users to manipulate images with desktop-quality editing tools.

As Adobe continues focusing its efforts on individual mobile applications, and with Creative Cloud, the company has announced on Thursday that it plans to pull Adobe Photoshop Touch from the iOS App Store on May 28th, leaving users who already own the application without any further updates.

Adobe encourages those who already have the application to continue using it for their needs, but notes that it won't get any new features or updates for bug fixes in the future due to the company moving to fragmented applications, such as Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Sketch, and various other Creative Cloud-compatible Adobe apps.

Adobe also announces that they're working a future application, codenamed "Project Rigel" that will be available in the later half of 2015:

It's a sad announcement for those that enjoy the all-in-one power of Photoshop Touch rather than having to download all sorts of applications on their device for mediocre functionality, but fortunately, Pixelmator is launching an iPhone version of its photo-editing application later on this year. Pixelmator is a huge competitor of Adobe Photoshop and today's announcement will give even more users a reason to jump ship.

Sources: Adobe
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Adobe Announces Plans to Pull the Plug on Photoshop Touch for iOS Devices started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
      DQEight -
      Welp. Never used it before but I'm sure going to download it now to have a backup.
      edwilk55 -
      Layering is nice in the app, but it's not very powerful. I don't use it often, but nice to have just in case.
      Silverado1987 -
      I actually use this a lot. This sucks.
      hopethemodworx -
      Eh pixelmator sucks. It has nothing on ps
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
      Eh pixelmator sucks. It has nothing on ps
      It's better than nothing, especially since PS will no longer exist on the iOS platform.
      hopethemodworx -
      This is true. Sorry I just feel cheated after paying $10 for this app. Def not worth it.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
      This is true. Sorry I just feel cheated after paying $10 for this app. Def not worth it.
      You and I both, it always disappoints me when large software companies pull the plug on otherwise expensive apps that I feel are already in need of improvement and will never see it because they "want to do something else."
      hopethemodworx -
      Yeah they raked in a bunch of cash and haven't put it towards further development of the app. They use it for something "new". Which will probably end up being rubbish.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook