• First Unboxing Videos of Golden Apple Watch Edition Hit the Interwebz

The Apple Watch Edition started shipping this week to those who pre-ordered the device in April. Already, some unboxing videos are making their way to the Internet.

The first unboxing video of the Apple Watch Edition to hit YouTube comes from Kapotas Designs LLC, which you can watch below:

One thing we notice is the beautiful docking platform that Apple gives Apple Watch Edition users. The colored leather box acts as the dock and has its own golden magnetic inductive charging cable built right into it.

When turned on, the display shows the build materials of the Apple Watch Edition in gold, rather than silver like on lower-end Apple Watches.

Sources: YouTube
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First Unboxing Videos of Apple Watch Edition Hit the Interwebz started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
      docmagoo2 -
      I don't understand the gloves etc. why buy it if you're not going to use it? And you're not always going to wear gloves to don it...
      Rcworship -
      I don't understand paying $10,000+ for an Apple Watch!
      Rcworship -
      What a dufus! "I can't feel the leather, but I can imagine what it feels like!" Why did you buy this watch?! That's the most boring, drawn out u boxing I've seen!
      brab -
      Here's why:
      Apple Watches For Sale - KAPOTAS DESIGNS
      Spazmonic -
      Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
      I don't understand the gloves etc. why buy it if you're not going to use it? And you're not always going to wear gloves to don it...
      Did you not watch the video? It says why he has gloves on as soon as you start watching the video.
      flash66 -
      All sales people must wear gloves when showing an expensive watch like a Jaeger, Bulgari etc. I own a few 5k and above watches with a Swiss movement, and the Apple watch edition however is absolutely ridiculous. Less than $500 worth of gold and the same internals as my $399 sport. Like putting makeup on a pig imho.
      javiert30 -
      It's used now, I don't want it...
      Jahooba -
      Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
      All sales people must wear gloves when showing an expensive watch like a Jaeger, Bulgari etc. I own a few 5k and above watches with a Swiss movement, and the Apple watch edition however is absolutely ridiculous. Less than $500 worth of gold and the same internals as my $399 sport. Like putting makeup on a pig imho.
      Are you sure there's less than $500 worth of gold? I know you can get it plated for around $400, but I hear this aftermarket plating doesn't add nearly as much weight as the true golden Apple Watch. So either it contains more gold than people think or they're adding extra lead weights on the inside.

Either way I still think it's a silly investment, seeing how the electronics and style will be obsolete soon.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook