• New Report Says WatchKit Software Failing to Fire Up Developers

Are developers not getting excited about the potential to develop for Apple Watch? Apparently not suggests a new report.

On Wednesday, Barrons brought to light new comments from Global Equities Research’s Trip Chowdhry. The analyst served up a heaping helping of opinions today ahead of next month's kickoff to WWDC. The big issue on his mind? Elements of WatchKit that aren't friendly to cutting-edge developer innovation.

"Currently," Chowdhry writes, "Apple WatchKit SDK does not expose programmatic interfaces to various Sensors on the Apple Watch. Apple is expected to open the programmatic interfaces to the following sensors on the Watch for the first time to developers: Heart Rate, Sensors, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Microphone, Speakers."

While it sounds like a pessimistic assertion, the analyst is far from a downer on the device's future potential. In fact, quite the contrary. Chowdhry believes Apple Watch will easily become what he calls the “most Addictive Device ever created."

According to his comments, Chowdhry is on record saying that Apple should have no problem selling 40 million to 42 million Apple Watches in CY2015.

Source: Barrons
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New Report Says WatchKit Software Failing to Fire Up Developers started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      charliebee -
      So it's not, not getting developers excited?
      vXBaKeRXv -
      I get more bang for a buck buying a tv with a flat.
      😃
      cyberjunkyfreak -
      so far i'm very disappointed with the Apple watch... if i could get back what i paid for it i'd probably sell it. the main reason i bought the watch was to replace my Mio Alpha to monitor my heart rate during workouts using the MapMyFitness application. well... although MapMyFitness has support for the Apple watch, it does not (yet) support the heart rate monitor of the Apple Watch for the reasons mentioned above... so now i'm stuck having to wear two heart rate monitors while working out (actually, i've gone back to the Mio Alpha and the Apple watch just sits there lonely).
      perealb -
      Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunkyfreak View Post
      so far i'm very disappointed with the Apple watch... if i could get back what i paid for it i'd probably sell it. the main reason i bought the watch was to replace my Mio Alpha to monitor my heart rate during workouts using the MapMyFitness application. well... although MapMyFitness has support for the Apple watch, it does not (yet) support the heart rate monitor of the Apple Watch for the reasons mentioned above... so now i'm stuck having to wear two heart rate monitors while working out (actually, i've gone back to the Mio Alpha and the Apple watch just sits there lonely).
      just sell it. You'll probably get more than you paid for.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook