• Apple to Debut Apple Pay Rewards Program at WWDC 2015

Now that more places are starting to support and accept Apple Pay, Apple is moving onto the next part of their feature- a rewards program. The New York Times recently claimed that the company is looking to debut a rewards program for the mobile payment system at this year’s WWDC next month. Currently, not much is known about this so-called rewards program, but the NYT noted that customers will receive ‘perks’ for making purchases with Apple Pay. This isn’t surprising news as we are sure the company is trying to come up with ways so that more people will start using their payment system. After all, there has to be some sort of benefit for all these businesses setting up for the support.

According to The New York Times,

But analysts have noted that a missing piece from Apple Pay was a rewards program to keep users returning to participating merchants. People familiar with Apple Pay said that next month, Apple will announce such a program offering perks to consumers who make purchases with the service, though they declined to reveal details.
    It was noted that rumors about a rewards program for the mobile payment service dated back to before the service even launched in October of last year. CurrentC, Apple’s current competitor has a built-in rewards program that incorporates discounts and loyalty cards. However, it is likely that Apple will be doing their own rewards program as opposed to having discounts and loyalty cards for individual merchants. This will most likely be the biggest difference between the two, other than one being an Android feature while the other is iOS.

Source: The New York Times
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple to Debut Apple Pay Rewards Program at WWDC 2015 started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      cpho -
      Receiving iTunes Store credits would be a cool perk.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Now if my credit union would just hop on board... Any day now credit union...
      rodnutz -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpho View Post
      Receiving iTunes Store credits would be a cool perk.

I don't buy anything from iTunes Store unless your statement meant the inclusion of the App Store? Honestly I'd rather a system where I could get cash back or coupons for sites like Amazon where I'm a more frequent shopper.
      edwilk55 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      Now if my credit union would just hop on board... Any day now credit union...
      Riiiiiight.... Damn if Simple, my online only bank, has implemented it already. So at least I can now use a debit card rather than a credit card. But I'm ready for my main bank to get on board!

And yes, iTunes perks would be cool!
      cpho -
      Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
      I don't buy anything from iTunes Store unless your statement meant the inclusion of the App Store? Honestly I'd rather a system where I could get cash back or coupons for sites like Amazon where I'm a more frequent shopper.
      Yeah, App Store in addition to iTunes Store. I'm a sucker for rewards programs... so wouldn't mind Amazon perks either.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook