• Spark E-mail App By Readdle Launches in the App Store With Apple Watch Support

Readdle claims they're going to make you love e-mail again with a new e-mail client they're calling "Spark."

Spark will make e-mail easier to organize and take advantage of smart gestures that let you mass-delete e-mails that are less important to you, pin messages to your inbox, mark messages as read, and more. Improved search technology makes it so you'll always be able to find e-mails that you have in your ever-so-growing e-mail inbox.

Spark also supports just about any file service, allowing you to attach files from apps like Drobpox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Photos, Box, OneDrive, and more.

Spark integrates with a built-in calendar that can let you see when you're available and accept invites right from the e-mails sent to you. You will then be able to add that invite right to your calendar if you're open.

Other little perks in Spark include:

• Read receipts
    • Changing signatures with a simple swipe gesture
    • Quick replies for when you're really busy
    • Attachment saving to your favorite file service
    • Save e-mails as PDF files
    • Calendar widget
    • Customization
    • Apple Watch support right out of the box

The promo video demonstrating the numerous features of Spark is below:

If you're interested in trying Spark for your e-mail needs on your iPhone & Apple Watch, you can download it free of charge from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Spark E-mail App By Readdle Launches in the App Store With Apple Watch Support started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 19 Comments
      bigboyz -
      Was hoping to see the Apple Watch in action
      novadam -
      Holy crap this app is awesome!!!!!!!
      buggsy2 -
      All these competing email apps, and often they don't work well together.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Loving Spark so far. It looks like they took all the weaknesses of previous mail applications and built them up as strong points in this app.
      rolandgabor -
      The app is very nicely designed. Being brand new and a new idea it takes some time to get used to how it's organized. Lot of cool features that I have not seen in any other email App. The only downside I would mention for now is that spark reorganized the email threads in iCloud mail. So if I use the native mail app my emails are all over the place. It does bug me a bit but we'll see what the future brings
      SpiderManAPV -
      Iím surprisingly liking this app. Still trying to figure out some aspects, but itís nice. The Apple Watch app is slow as molasses though.
      Layka -
      I'd love to try it, but I can't get the app to set up my account, keeps getting an error saying unable to add account.
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Layka View Post
      I'd love to try it, but I can't get the app to set up my account, keeps getting an error saying unable to add account.
      Double check your credentials. To me it was 3 seconds without any problems.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Not loading my exchange account. No error either and no where to add server domain information.
      novadam -
      weird. I have a gmail, iCloud, and godaddy-hosted IMAP acct. no problems with any of them.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Not loading my exchange account. No error either and no where to add server domain information.
      I was able to change server information. Why not you?
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      I was able to change server information. Why not you?
      Not seeing any settings on where to.
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      weird. I have a gmail, iCloud, and godaddy-hosted IMAP acct. no problems with any of them.
      How were you able to set up the godaddy account? Would you mind helping?
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by rolandgabor View Post
      How were you able to set up the godaddy account? Would you mind helping?
      I just put in my email address and password -- it thought for a little while and then popped up a window with most of the server info already filled in. but I had to change incoming server to imap.secureserver.net and outgoing to smtpout.secureserver.net.

the ports that spark pre-filled worked though.
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      I just put in my email address and password -- it thought for a little while and then popped up a window with most of the server info already filled in. but I had to change incoming server to imap.secureserver.net and outgoing to smtpout.secureserver.net.

the ports that spark pre-filled worked though.
      Thank you
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Not seeing any settings on where to.
      When it failed to connect the first time, I was prompted to open advanced settings where I could then edit the information. It hasn't failed since I modified the settings.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      When it failed to connect the first time, I was prompted to open advanced settings where I could then edit the information. It hasn't failed since I modified the settings.
      I got no error. Account was added without me having to put any server info. But my work inbox shows zero emails. I can't send or receive emails. My built in Mail app is getting new emails.
      eballesq -
      Anyone know how to get around "SSL error" when trying to add an Exchange account?
      novadam -
      It keeps dropping my passwords. Right now, I can't get my iCloud email because it says "invalid credential." yesterday it logged out of my webmail (godaddy) account for no apparent reason.

Not good.

Edit: looks like the issue is with iCloud right now.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook