• Samsung to Release a Galaxy S6 Plus Device to Compete With Apple's iPhone 6s Plus

Back in October of 2014 when Apple first unveiled their flagship iPhone 6/6 Plus device, the response during pre-orders was so good that Samsung decided to release their Galaxy Note around the same time. The Korean-based company initially had a later release date but because the iPhone was such in demand, Samsung decided to release their device early. Now, new rumors are circulating the web claiming that the company will be unveiling their Galaxy S6 Plus device in a few weeks. Apparently the smartphone will be 5.5-inch in display, just like Appleís iPhone 6 Plus and even go as far as having a ĎPlusí in the name as well.

According to Italian website HDblog.it, the upcoming Samsung device might be named the Galaxy S6 Plus. The 5.5-inch device is said to be a bigger version of the Galaxy S6 Edge. HDblog.itís report noted that a SUPER AMOLED display would be used on the S6 Plus. The Korean-based company is supposedly also working on a Note 5 device that will come in at 5.7-inches. It has not been noted as to when Samsung plans on releasing these new devices, but it did note in the Ďupcoming weeks.í

It seems like Samsung is trying to release their new smartphones this time around, before Apple gets around in unveiling the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus in August supposedly. Weíre sure the Korean-based company doesnít want to wait until everyone has preordered the new iPhones before releasing their devices again.

Source: HDblog.it
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung to Release a Galaxy S6 Plus Device to Compete With Apple's iPhone 6s Plus started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
      hogcia -
      Why does android keep copying Apple? I thought android was the best? I'm confused...
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      Why does android keep copying Apple? I thought android was the best? I'm confused...
      Itís the best because itís Apple+gimmicks /s
      envious86 -
      Shocker!
      bigboyz -
      Reminds me of the old 1980's Honda commercials. "Follow the leader he's on a Honda" haha! Replace Honda with Apple and we are done.
      ThuD Muffin -
      This is kind of pathetic. At least get rid of the 'plus' so it's not almost exactly the same.
      Ambi_Valence -
      In this particular instance I think itís justified. There are certain times where you tend to use a small subset of words for descriptive purposes.
      For something larger, Plus/Maxi/Extra etc are the norms.
      brab -
      Yea, because Apple was the first one out on the market with 5.5" form factor.
      I dislike Samsung, but open your eyes sheep!

And I didn't know Akshay speaks italian, the way he so cleverly twisted the article.
      gldoorii -
      And since it's Samsung by the time you get home from buying your brand new S6+ the S7 will have already been announced.
      XTRoRDiNAiRE -
      Samsung and Apple are the two biggest cell phone makers it's no surprise they will feed off each other
      rickuk -
      Why is Apple copying Android, Google provide a music streaming service with Google Music, Apple now looks at following. Google Now, now Apple are copying it for iOS, Google Maps, so Apple didn't do such a good job of copying that. Android have larger phones with more variety, Apple copies and makes larger phones and two different sizes

They are all copying each other, as long as we the consumer get better products who cares who copies who?
      vXBaKeRXv -
      Android could take over.
      Eventually IOS will be to complicated and time consuming to come up with a jailbreak. Like now-
      Each new device can have a exploit or more defense I think..
      SO WHO KNOWS-

iPad 1st edition was Jailbroken like day one.. Nothing about iWatch ~

HTC and Samsung look like decent devices. 😀
      NSXrebel -
      We all KNOW who started they copying. Google wallet all of sudden becomes Android Pay. Now this.

alanjf -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      1) Apple did NOT invent the of a grid of Icons on a screen. That had been the basis for pretty much every desktop interface since the 1980s.

2) There were in fact phones running android and other OSes that looked like this sometime before the iPhone.
      thazsar -
      Isn't a Galaxy S6 Plus already called a Galaxy Note?!?!? I'm confused...
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Isn't a Galaxy S6 Plus already called a Galaxy Note?!?!? I'm confused...
      Hey! long time no see.
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      Hey! long time no see.
      [emoji106]
      Been busy with other projects... [emoji57]
      Magpul FPG Conversion to Glock - YouTube
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      [emoji106]
      Been busy with other projects... [emoji57]
      Magpul FPG Conversion to Glock - YouTube
      Donít have the time to watch the whole thing, but thatís some pretty impressive work there.
      Dhawkins541 -
      Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
      1) Apple did NOT invent the of a grid of Icons on a screen. That had been the basis for pretty much every desktop interface since the 1980s.

2) There were in fact phones running android and other OSes that looked like this sometime before the iPhone.
      Your 1st part is correct, but your 2nd is a bit of a stretch even there internal documents of Google said after iPhone announcement we've got to go back to the drawing board. Everyone borrows!!
      szr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dhawkins541 View Post
      Your 1st part is correct, but your 2nd is a bit of a stretch even there internal documents of Google said after iPhone announcement we've got to go back to the drawing board. Everyone borrows!!
      There was Pocket PC since around the year 2000, whose home screen was a desktop that was a in fact a grid of icons, just like on a full desktop. This is pretty much the model the iOS and Android alike have been following, icons with text underneath them, so it is true that iOS (and Android, WebOS, BBOS, Symbian, etc) was far from the first to use that sort of layout in a mobile OS.
      Dhawkins541 -
      Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
      There was Pocket PC since around the year 2000, whose home screen was a desktop that was a in fact a grid of icons, just like on a full desktop. This is pretty much the model the iOS and Android alike have been following, icons with text underneath them, so it is true that iOS (and Android, WebOS, BBOS, Symbian, etc) was far from the first to use that sort of layout in a mobile OS.
      Yeah I know that layout existed before iOS and android, but the original poster tried to imply that it was androids design before iOS which is not the case. In this day and age everyone borrows from someone and either reimagines or whatever load of turds term that want to use spin it.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook