• Apple Begins Seeding First Betas of iOS 9, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Watch OS 2 to Devs

Following the WWDC 2015 Keynote presentation, which introduced iOS 9, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, and Watch OS 2 and their new feature-sets for their respective devices, Apple has just started updating its developer pages with new seeds to the beta versions of these operating systems so that developers can begin downloading them and preparing their machines and software for the Fall release to the public.

A developer subscription is required to access these beta firmwares, which is a $99-per year subscription, and installation on devices is recommended for developers only, as pre-release firmwares typically have not been ironed out of bugs and performance issues just yet.

Apple has focused primarily on performance in these new updates, bringing huge increases to battery life, speed, reliability and more to the operating systems, but that didn't keep Apple from still launching some exciting new features.

iOS 9 adds huge improvements for iPad users that want more multitasking, while OS X El Capitan brings Metal to the Mac for the first time and improvements to SpotLight and Notes. Watch OS 2 makes it so developers can create custom watch complications, create native applications for the Apple Watch, and take advantage of all of the input and output devices in the Apple Watch for a snazzy user experience.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Begins Seeding First Betas of iOS 9, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Watch OS 2 to Devs started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 18 Comments
      therandy -
      $99 a year
      Paulsquaredson -
      "El Capitan?" Dumbest name ever.
      ThuD Muffin -
      I too cringed when he announced the name. I thought it was a joke and he was going to laugh it out and introduce something else.
      Carvensno -
      $99.00 isn't to bad for all 3 betas. Better than $99.00 for each beta as before lol.
      realtor.ryan -
      What's wrong with the name? It's a great name... Second most famous mountain in Yosemite National Park. Very fitting follow up to "Yosemite" (wonder if next release will be Half-Dome! )
      blueaviator -
      When are they gonna change it to OS XI? In 89 years? OS X 10.11, OS X 10.12, OS X 10.13... Even my grandsons to be born will be dead before OS XI arrives...
      Carvensno -
      Ha websites that Apple shuts down every year for making fake accounts? Lol smh. Besides, I do it for finding bugs and reporting them to Apple, not to just have the newest thing and show it off to friends to say ohhh "look what I have" lol
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by realtor.ryan View Post
      What's wrong with the name? It's a great name... Second most famous mountain in Yosemite National Park. Very fitting follow up to "Yosemite" (wonder if next release will be Half-Dome! )
      [emoji106]
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
      When are they gonna change it to OS XI? In 89 years? OS X 10.11, OS X 10.12, OS X 10.13... Even my grandsons to be born will be dead before OS XI arrives...
      Lol. Good point. The Roman numerals could be confusing for the American public.
      bigboyz -
      Updated phone and now updating watch. Can't wait to test.
      Rcworship -
      I don't understand why they're calling it OS X v10.11. It's redundant, since the X represents 10. Kinda like calling it OS 10 v10.11.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
      I don't understand why they're calling it OS X v10.11. It's redundant, since the X represents 10. Kinda like calling it OS 10 v10.11.
      Because the second series of numbers represent just a sub-version. And it's still OS X (10).

Like 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 are all sill iOS 4.
      bigboyz -
      Some cool new features with the update on my Apple Watch! Nightstand mode, new watch face(live wallpaper), option to play music via watch or iPhone to name a few.
      Rcworship -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Because the second series of numbers represent just a sub-version. And it's still OS X (10).

Like 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 are all sill iOS 4.
      No, as your post reads, "Following the WWDC 2015 Keynote presentation, which introduced iOS 9, OS X 10.11 El Capitan" where OS X equals OS 10, so it is essentially OS 10 10.11.
      Rcworship -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Some cool new features with the update on my Apple Watch! Nightstand mode, new watch face(live wallpaper), option to play music via watch or iPhone to name a few.
      How does music play from the watch? Is there storage space on it? Or is it just streaming, provided you're connected to wifi?
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
      How does music play from the watch? Is there storage space on it? Or is it just streaming, provided you're connected to wifi?
      It can do both. There's 6gb available space on the watch. For music you can sync a playlist up to 2gb on to the device itself.
      Rcworship -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      It can do both. There's 6gb available space on the watch. For music you can sync a playlist up to 2gb on to the device itself.
      Oh wow! I did not know that (obviously!). I'm one step closer to getting one now. [emoji6]
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by realtor.ryan View Post
      It seems Android like - KitKat, Lollipop, Icecream Sandwich and what not. Just childish. Just call it OS 10, OS 11, etc like iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, etc.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook