• Still No New Apple TV from Apple

The rumor mill got a lot right today ahead of the official kick-off to WWDC 2015.

Apart from the anticipated and confirmed overhaul of Apple's major operating systems, WWDC also brought with it a few confirmations about initiatives that have been rumored about for weeks, including Apple's new subscription music service called Apple Music.

But missing from the parade of new offerings is a refreshed Apple TV. Though speculation surrounding a refreshed set-top box was at a fever pitch in the days leading up to today's keynote, there was ultimately nothing to see.

Likely coming as a big disappointment for developers, Apple also failed to deliver an Apple TV App Store, which could have allowed for an entire new slate of applications for a device previously off-limits to devs.

Apple TV's hardware hasn't been updated now in more than three years.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Still No New Apple TV from Apple started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      StuG III -
      Is there an explanation for this? I am open to rumours.
      rodnutz -
      Dying for them to turn this thing into something similar to Nvidia's Shield TV. I'd love to play iOS games on a big screen. Anyone know if there is a way r tweak that can do it now?
      holyshnikes -
      Quote Originally Posted by StuG III View Post
      Is there an explanation for this? I am open to rumours.
      I think it had a lot to do with them not getting all their cable companies on board yet. Look for it next keynote when they push out the iPhone 6s. They were close to finalizing negotiations with a few companies, but haven't nailed it down yet. More often than not, Apple will wait until it's perfect before releasing it.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook