• BitTorrent Launches New Peer-to-Peer Private Photo-sharing App for iOS



    Last month, BitTorrent launched a new multi-platform messaging application called Bleep. It was available on iOS and allowed users to send messages to one another in a completely private form, such that the messages were never stored on a cloud server; instead, they were sent peer-to-peer, directly from one person to another as the user intended.

    BitTorrent is continuing its peer-to-peer application method with a new free multi-platform application called Shoot, which allows users to send large batches of photographs to one another once again without the help of a cloud-based server. Instead, it's peer-to-peer only again, allowing the host to generate a QR code that the people the host wants to share photos with can scan to send the photographs their way.

    The peer-to-peer photo-sharing makes this method of file transfer nice and secure from various hacking attempts that would typically target a server encrypting this data and feeding it to devices. It works great for when you want to send specific people a group of photographs on a special event before you leave.

    Some details on how to use the application:

    Three easy steps to use Shoot:
    • Open the app and tap ‘Send’ to select photos and video on your device.
    • Have the people you want to share with scan the QR code that pops up. The more devices, the better!
    • Your items will automatically transfer between devices.
    BitTorrent notes that the first three sends are free, but after that, you'll have to buy the application's unlimited sending with an in-app purchase for $1.99. After this payment, you'll never have to pay again.

    BitTorrent Shoot is a free download from the App Store at this link if you want to give it a try with some friends or family.

    Sources: BitTorrent
    This article was originally published in forum thread: BitTorrent Launches New Peer-to-Peer Private Photo-sharing App for iOS started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Well, that’s a ripoff.
    1. Fofer's Avatar
      Fofer -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      Well, that’s a ripoff.
      How so?
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
      How so?
      You can easily do that for free, so to charge $3 because you can is a ripoff to me. Also, a separate app for pictures and messages? Who wants to go back and forth between apps like that?
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      You can easily do that for free, so to charge $3 because you can is a ripoff to me. Also, a separate app for pictures and messages? Who wants to go back and forth between apps like that?
      Which app lets u send pictures for free without being on a server?
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      Which app lets u send pictures for free without being on a server?
      Telegram
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      Telegram
      I was gonna try it out but the app description says message history is saved in Telegram cloud.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
      I was gonna try it out but the app description says message history is saved in Telegram cloud.
      Telegram has two separate services, chats and secret chats. Chats are saved in the cloud (encrypted, but still there) and you can access on multiple devices. Secret chats are encrypted end-to-end and self destruct after a specified amount of time. Their website has loads of data if you’re interested. Telegram FAQ
    1. vinaygoel2000's Avatar
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      Telegram has two separate services, chats and secret chats. Chats are saved in the cloud (encrypted, but still there) and you can access on multiple devices. Secret chats are encrypted end-to-end and self destruct after a specified amount of time. Their website has loads of data if you’re interested. Telegram FAQ
      Very nice.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook