• iOS 8.4 Beta Showing Apple Music Signups Ahead of June 30th Launch


    Photo Credit: AppleInsider

    AppleInsider has reported that iOS 8.4 public beta users are seeing Apple Music signup prompts two weeks ahead of the official launch date of June 30th. When users open up the Music app, they see an unfinished signup process but have the option of selecting a three-month free trial of the service or skipping it and going straight to the interface of the app.

    If users choose the trial option, they get prompted to a screen where the option of Family or Individual membership plans show up. However, after selecting a plan, users are no longer able to advance further. We arenít surprised this is showing up in the app, as we are just shy of two weeks from the official Apple Music launch date. It is expected for the service to be unfinished and be completed by the time it launches.

    When June 30th rolls around, Apple will be releasing the final version of iOS 8.4 and Windows and Mac iTunes updates. All of these releases are intended to support the Cupertino-based companyís revamped music service. Will you be signing up for Apple Music, if you do- which option will you be choosing? Share with us in the section below.

    Source: AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 8.4 Beta Showing Apple Music Signups Ahead of June 30th Launch started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
    1. rickuk's Avatar
      rickuk -
      Going to stick with Spotify, free is always better
    1. wildgene789's Avatar
      wildgene789 -
      Apple music for sure. I will enjoy how it will tightly integrate with the phone and my watch. I would like the ability to just hit play on my phone or bluetooth device and it automatically starts playing music. Spotify is hit or miss with that.
    1. hogcia's Avatar
      hogcia -
      I'm good with Pandora and Spotify. Just don't see the need for this service.
    1. oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
      oldskoolsk8r -
      Nope!
    1. jackbauerctu's Avatar
      jackbauerctu -
      This service sounds pretty badass. Basically like Spotify premium except it's designed to work flawlessly with iTunes across all your devices. Apple's entire music library for the same price as Spotify, and the family plan is cheaper than Spotify (because it supports up to six unique users). I would totally sign up but I'm jailbroken on 8.1 so...until there's a jailbreak available for 8.4 or later I guess I'm sticking with Spotify premium. Now....If the service was called iTunes Unlimited and included apple's video library as well then I'd give up my JB in a heartbeat.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      This service sounds pretty badass. Basically like Spotify premium except it's designed to work flawlessly with iTunes across all your devices. Apple's entire music library for the same price as Spotify, and the family plan is cheaper than Spotify (because it supports up to six unique users). I would totally sign up but I'm jailbroken on 8.1 so...until there's a jailbreak available for 8.4 or later I guess I'm sticking with Spotify premium. Now....If the service was called iTunes Unlimited and included apple's video library as well then I'd give up my JB in a heartbeat.
      Iím under the impression that while it includes more than spotify, it still doesnít have the full iTunes library. I know that it doesnít include the Beatles, for instance.
    1. jackbauerctu's Avatar
      jackbauerctu -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      Iím under the impression that while it includes more than spotify, it still doesnít have the full iTunes library. I know that it doesnít include the Beatles, for instance.

      Apple - Music - Discover

      Apple's own website says "as an apple music member you can add anything from the apple music library to your collection." Perhaps that's a little misleading then?
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Apple - Music - Discover

      Apple's own website says "as an apple music member you can add anything from the apple music library to your collection." Perhaps that's a little misleading then?
      I guess it means as an Apple Music subscriber you have access to anything in the Apple Music library (not the iTunes library), so yes, it's tautologically true but also deceptive.
    1. rolandgabor's Avatar
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
      Going to stick with Spotify, free is always better
      No it's not true. Free is good on you're pocket but it is never better than paid service.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook