• Taylor Swift Breaks Apple's Heart

Apple just couldn't get it done.

That's the exclusive report from Reggie Ugwu at BuzzFeed News tonight. According to his report, Apple Music will not feature the smash hit album 1989 from Taylor Swift.

Swift's latest top-selling record isn't available on any streaming services. And that's not going to change any time soon it appears, even though Apple managed to pull more than a few tricks out of its hat when wrangling deals with record labels to make Apple Music happen.

"Only Swift’s back catalog, which is currently available on many streaming services that require users to pay for a subscription — including Rdio and Tidal — will be found on Apple Music," Ugwu explains.

Why the resistance to bring her music to the world's preeminent streaming services? As Swift reportedly said during a 2014 interview: “music should be consumed as albums.” That's her opinion. And Apple couldn't "shake it off."

Source: BF News
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Taylor Swift Breaks Apple's Heart started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      gldoorii -
      Meh... She's young enough to understand how music works these days. I don't it's "her" that it's really coming from. They don't make it available, fine, pirate it. See who it really hurts.
      dsg -
      its good that Apple can't just buy everything/everybody
      Christophxr -
      Good. **** her. I legitimately hate Taylor Swift, but will probably love Apple Music and Beats 1. That I don't have to see her dumbass on either sounds great to me.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
      Good. **** her. I legitimately hate Taylor Swift, but will probably love Apple Music and Beats 1. That I don't have to see her dumbass on either sounds great to me.
      Really? I’m not a fan, but I don’t hate her, nor do I care if an artist I don’t like happens to be on a service I use. What did she ever do to you to be worth that much vile hatred?
      Wolftamer -
      Apple Music just got better with this news
      Christophxr -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      Really? I’m not a fan, but I don’t hate her, nor do I care if an artist I don’t like happens to be on a service I use. What did she ever do to you to be worth that much vile hatred?
      In a nutshell, she's a prejudiced ******* who plays the victim for her own prejudices—inadvertently setting an example to her young fans to do the same. That she doesn't get any heat for it whatsoever is appalling.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook