• Apple Now Takes Chinese Preferences Into Consideration When Designing Products

Not long ago, we reported that Apple CEO Tim Cook has noted that China has become a huge market for the company and that itíll only get bigger from here on out. Now, a new interview from Cook says that he factors in Chinese consumer tastes when designing all products, which also includes device colors. According to the Chinese-language version of Bloomberg Businessweek, the decision to add gold to the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus was based off how popular the color is in the region.

Cook also visited China last month, where he made a trip to the largest Apple store located in Hangzhou and took a look at different local schools. The CEO mentioned during the interview as well that the company is working on 180+ trial programs at the schools nearby. Some of the programs include teaching/helping hearing-impaired kids use phones and through GarageBand teach kids music composition.

Going back to taking Chinese consumer tastes into account on Apple products, last week we noted that KGI Securities analyst Ming Chi Kuo claims Apple will be adding a new Rose Gold color to the next iPhone. Like we noted previously, we would take everything with a grain of salt but we wouldnít rule it out completely.

Source: Bloomberg Businessweek
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Now Takes Chinese Preferences Into Consideration When Designing Products started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      dsg -
      what about us?, I want an iPhone with anodised blue and silver detailing
      mwhite67 -
      Great, now iphones are probably going to smell like fish or something.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      what about us?, I want an iPhone with anodised blue and silver detailing
      I think itíd be cool to have something like Motorola. For an extra $50 you can choose to customize your phone in different colors and patterns.
      dsg -
      that would be sweet
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      I think itíd be cool to have something like Motorola. For an extra $50 you can choose to customize your phone in different colors and patterns.
      I'll take a pink iPhone 6+! I've always wanted to change the color of my iPhone's to the point where I would buy stickers. I haven't changed the color of my 6+ yet.
      sheltons.iphone -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      I'd think it would cost a bit more than $50 for a one off color customization rather than producing the same colors in bulk. Apple is NOT going to just have iPhones laying around in a color scheme somebody MAY want.

It's easy when you're talking about plastic battery covers but not so with metal backings.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by sheltons.iphone View Post
      I'd think it would cost a bit more than $50 for a one off color customization rather than producing the same colors in bulk. Apple is NOT going to just have iPhones laying around in a color scheme somebody MAY want.

It's easy when you're talking about plastic battery covers but not so with metal backings.
      Thatís true, Motorola was a plastic shell. No idea how much aluminum would cost.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook