• Saurik Updates Cydia Installer Once Again to Version 1.1.18 With Bug Fixes

Just a few hours ago, Saurik launched an updated version of Cydia Installer (version 1.1.17) with official iOS 8.3 support.

Saurik has quickly followed up with yet another Cydia Installer update, dubbed version 1.1.18, which he claims via Twitter fixes some bugs. More specifically, it keeps Springboard from locking up when the user attempts to kill Cydia from the App Switcher after they're done using it.

The update is recommended for everyone that is running the new TaiG 2.0.0 jailbreak for iOS 8.1.3-8.3, as it not only makes things more compatible, but will also present the fewest amount of bugs over using an outdated version of Cydia Installer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cydia 1.1.18 fixes a bug introduced in 1.1.17 that would cause SpringBoard to lock up if it was killed by a user with the iOS task switcher.</p>&mdash; Jay Freeman (saurik) (@saurik) <a href="https://twitter.com/saurik/status/613851173787860993">June 24, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Installing the update is easy. When you resfresh your Cydia sources after opening Cydia, you'll find a new popup prompting you to install an essential upgrade. You should go through with the upgrade to get the latest version of Cydia installed on your jailbroken iOS 8.3 device for stability purposes.

If you need help jailbreaking your iOS 8.1.3-8.3 device, you can follow our guide at this link. It does require a Windows machine, as well as an outdated version of iTunes to work. It's also noteworthy that the jailbreak works best on 32-bit machines due to driver issues on 64-bit machines; some people report progress on 64-bit machines, while the majority don't.

Source: Saurik
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Updates Cydia Installer Once Again to Version 1.1.18 With Bug Fixes started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      sigmachi1012 -
      I installed 1.1.18 on my 6 and now my screen will not turn on. Home button and power button do nothing. iTunes will recognize the phone, but I cannot get the screen to come on. Anyone else have this happen to them?

- Nevermind, took two tries, but a hard reset fixed it.
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by sigmachi1012 View Post
      I installed 1.1.18 on my 6 and now my screen will not turn on. Home button and power button do nothing. iTunes will recognize the phone, but I cannot get the screen to come on. Anyone else have this happen to them?
      Have you tried a hard reset? (Press the home and power buttons at the same time and hold for 10 seconds.)
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by sigmachi1012 View Post

- Nevermind, took two tries, but a hard reset fixed it.
      I'm glad you got it fixed.
      luckyluch -
      I took the jailbreak off. Everything crashed. My camera stopped working. It froze all the time. I had it for 12 hours and said **** it. Let me know once it's stable. It's now running iOS 8.3 and no problems with it off. Everything works again. They should have waited until it was stable before pushing it.
      Zokunei -
      While TaiG doesn't say this explicitly like past teams did, unstable jailbreaks are released so that developers can update their tweaks before everyone else is ready to jailbreak. It is a mistake on their part, though, to not say that and to not work closely with Saurik.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook