• TaiG 2.1.0 With Cydia Substrate Fix Leaked [UPDATED]

TaiG just released its new iOS 8.1.3-8.3 jailbreak tool for Windows, but for most people, it's broken out of the box thanks to an incompatibility with Cydia Substrate. Fortunately, a fix has been in the works, and is now available.

Although TaiG doesn't appear to have updated its Web site just yet with a new jailbreak tool, it does appear to be in the middle of being uploaded to the site as first pointed out by some Reddit users.

The team appears to be in the middle of testing a fix, which is not yet available to the public. Last night, it was leaked from the TaiG Web site and some users grabbed it, while some users weren't quick enough. TaiG has not pulled the update from the Web site as they work on fixing it some more.

This version of the TaiG untether package fully supported Cydia Substrate, so after installing it, you would be able to install and run all iOS 8.3-compatible jailbreak tweaks on your device.

We will continue to keep you updated when the new jailbreak tool hits the TaiG Web site. For a guide on how to jailbreak with version 2.0.0 of the TaiG jailbreak tool, you can head over to this link.

Update: TaiG has released a statement advising users not to install the leaked jailbreak update just yet since it is only in testing (beta) stages and has not yet been released to the public. You can still install the update if you want to, but you do so at your own risk.

Source: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG 2.1.0 Available With Fix for Cydia Substrate, and Here's How to Get it started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 90 Comments
      Kevrhof -
      Well I assume that they still haven't gotten it to where most of us can even jailbreak yet. I have a PC but its 64bit and the jailbreak doesn't work. I donated $200 for the last jailbreak, lets get this going.
      JAE -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kevrhof View Post
      Well I assume that they still haven't gotten it to where most of us can even jailbreak yet. I have a PC but its 64bit and the jailbreak doesn't work. I donated $200 for the last jailbreak, lets get this going.
      It works. I did it on win7 64bit.
      thecompyoda -
      It works no problem....I did it on windows x64 8.1 using taig jailbreak tool 2.0, and itunes 12.1.0
      Kevrhof -
      Mine just stops at the 20% and keeps restarting the process
      Kevrhof -
      I have itunes 11.something
      Magnum -
      How do I install deb with ifile? I've never done it before but something I always been curious about
      Magnum -
      I can bring up the den file open with ifile but then what? Lol
      EVO -
      Awesome TaiG!

Gonna wait till they update the tool to restore and jailbreak.
      Ryaninfg -
      How do you install the deb file via ifile? I opened it in ifile, now don't know what to do.
      thecompyoda -

downgrade itunes to 12.1.0, if that doesnt fix it, try to use a different iphone cable.
      thecompyoda -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
      How do you install the deb file via ifile? I opened it in ifile, now don't know what to do.
      when you click on the file from your browser, it should give you an option in ifile how you want to open it. make sure you choose installer.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
      I can bring up the den file open with ifile but then what? Lol
      Visit this post on our Web site from your Safari Web browser, then tap on the link to the .DEB file:

Then, open in iFile.

Then, when you are sent to iFile, tap on "Installer" and install the .DEB:

Then reboot.
      JAE -
      Turn on air plane mode, sign out of iCloud, take off passcode.
      Magnum -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Visit this post on our Web site from your Safari Web browser, then tap on the link to the .DEB file:

Then, open in iFile.

Then reboot.
      Tried this...didn't work, I'll screen shot hold up
      Magnum -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

Then, open in iFile.

Then reboot.
      Never mind, worked that time...weird...thanks!
      fluffybunnyabc -
      Someone please help

Dpkg was interrupted you must manually run dpkg --configure-a' to correct the problem pops up in Cydia as soon as I open it and after 2 reboots I try and install the Deb again and get dpkg parse error in ifile someone near line 15 eof before value of field
      chevymusclecar -
      Make sure iTunes doesn't start when device is connected.
      ThaOutKast26 -
      Worked like a charm!! Just did a test on a tweak and everything worked as is gonna really hit it in the morning!
      markotak -
      What tweaks depend on supstrate works at the moment?
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by markotak View Post
      What tweaks depend on supstrate works at the moment?
      Iím not sure what youíre asking, so Iíll answer several questions just to cover all bases.

Q. What tweaks require substrate?
      A. Virtually every single one. Iíd probably put the number above 90%

Q. What tweaks that require substrate work right now?
      A. As far as Iím aware, none until substrate itself works.

Q. Does substrate work?
      A. No.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook