• Reserve Strap for Apple Watch Announced to Ship in November, Promises 30 More Hours

A really cool external battery accessory for the Apple Watch called the Reserve Strap promises to turn the wrist strap into a battery extension device. The strap utilizes the hidden port under the Apple Watch's wrist strap slot and as videos show, the Reserve Strap's conductive charging method can charge the Apple Watch through this port faster than Apple's inductive charging surface can.

Reserve Strap has officially announced a ship date for the accessory, which the company pegs on November 3rd of this year for everyone that pre-ordered the accessory. Those who have bought the accessory just recently may see later ship dates.

Reserve Strap promises that the device will add 30 hours of battery life to the existing battery life that your Apple Watch already gets; it increases the battery capacity to 2.7x what it typically can store. Moreover, it will be compatible with both 38mm and 42mm versions of the Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch, and Apple Watch Edition.

Only those who pre-order will be guaranteed a Reserve Strap by this date. Free express shipping is included for all US orders and we'll ship anywhere else in this Solar System for a flat rate of $20.

• Charges Apple Watch on your wrist using embedded batteries and our proprietary accessory port connector design
    • Adds more than 30 hours of additional usage to Apple Watch battery life
    • Uses Micro USB to charge both the Reserve Strap and Apple Watch at the same time
    • Fully complies with Apple's Band Design Guidelines for the Apple Watch and doesn't violate either AppleCare warranty or Apple Terms & Conditions
    • As resistant to water as Apple Watch and won't affect any of Watch's functionality including its sensors and waterproofing
    Reserve Strap also released the following technical information on the accessory:

Key Features of Reserve Strap

• Extends battery life of Apple Watch by a factor of 2.7x or 167%*
    • Specialized Thermoset Elastomer Silicon band
    • Proprietary Overmolded Accessory Port Connector
    • Adheres to Appleís Official Band Design Guidelines
    • Embedded Lithium Polymer cells
    • Micro USB Charging Port
    • LED charge status indicator
    • One-touch charge initiator
    • Water Resistant
    • Supports either 38mm or 42mm Apple Watches
    • Fits wrist sizes from 130-210mm
    • White, Grey or Black colors

*Both sizes of the Reserve Strap provide an additional 30 hours of power. So if you normally achieve Appleís rated 18 hours of Apple Watch functionality, you can now expect to receive a total of 48 hours of functionality.
    Source: Reserve Strap
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Reserve Strap for Apple Watch Announced to Ship in November, Promises 30 More Hours started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      After reading a few articles about this hidden port I decided to look at mine just out of curiosity. My watch actually appears to have a panel covering the port with a tiny hole for what I can only assume is to open it. Do otherís watches have this panel or are the ports open on your watches?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      After reading a few articles about this hidden port I decided to look at mine just out of curiosity. My watch actually appears to have a panel covering the port with a tiny hole for what I can only assume is to open it. Do other’s watches have this panel or are the ports open on your watches?
      Yes, that's why it's called a "hidden" port. A special tool will be provided with the reserve strap to remove this cover.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Yes, that's why it's called a "hidden" port. A special tool will be provided with the reserve strap to remove this cover.
      Ah, I thought it was hidden because it was behind the strap.
      Silverado1987 -
      Wow an additional 30 hours. Hmm I might consider a 2nd gen watch with this strap
      edwilk55 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Wow an additional 30 hours. Hmm I might consider a 2nd gen watch with this strap
      Just what I was thinking. Only reason I didn't buy was the crap *** battery life.

Until I just read $250. For a strap...with a battery built in. That's insane! Y'all can have it!
      novadam -
      I guess I'm the only one, but I really don't have a problem with the battery life on my watch. I get up at 4am and don't take it off until I go to bed at 10pm and I usually have 20-30% left. I take it off and put it on my charging stand and it's ready to go in the morning. I wouldn't want to sleep with a watch on anyway.

The watch also charges super fast in my experience, so if I were going to be out late, I could just pop it on the charger while I shower and get dressed, and that would pump about 40-50% into it.

Long story short -- no problem for me.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      I guess I'm the only one, but I really don't have a problem with the battery life on my watch. I get up at 4am and don't take it off until I go to bed at 10pm and I usually have 20-30% left. I take it off and put it on my charging stand and it's ready to go in the morning. I wouldn't want to sleep with a watch on anyway.

The watch also charges super fast in my experience, so if I were going to be out late, I could just pop it on the charger while I shower and get dressed, and that would pump about 40-50% into it.

Long story short -- no problem for me.
      Iíve had absolutely no problem with battery life. Iím up between 16 and 18 hours a day, keep everything on the maximum settings and still usually go to bed with 30% battery.
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      Iíve had absolutely no problem with battery life. Iím up between 16 and 18 hours a day, keep everything on the maximum settings and still usually go to bed with 30% battery.
      Same -- max taptic, max brightness. And I get a TON of notifications every day (the Score app for sports scores is a little crazy LOL).
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      Same -- max taptic, max brightness. And I get a TON of notifications every day (the Score app for sports scores is a little crazy LOL).
      Do you have the 42mm? Maybe itís the extra battery in the 42 as opposed to the 38.
      novadam -
      Yep 42mm
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook