• TaiG Officially Launches Updated Version 2.1.2 Jailbreak Tool for Windows, Supports Cydia Substrate

Friday morning, TaiG has launched an updated version of its iOS 8.1.3-8.3 jailbreak tool for Windows. The new version, which the jailbreak team is calling version 2.1.2, is now available to download via the TaiG Web site.

The updated version of TaiG adds official support for Cydia Substrate and a fix for UICache. Despite last night's leak of an internal testing version, this is an official release that TaiG says has been made more stable for users. It is recommended that all users jailbreaking from this point on use TaiG 2.1.2 instead of TaiG 2.0.0.

Full change log below:

1. TaiG Jailbreak Tool V2.1.2 is compatible with Cydia Substrate, Mobile Substrate. This version is more stable. It fixes problems of getting stuck at 20% and 60%. It also corrects the blank Settings problem while matching Apple Watch with iDevice. Click here for details.
    2. For users who have jailbroken their devices with TaiG Jailbreak Tool V2.0.0, please update TaiG 8.1.3-8.x Untether through TaiG source (apt.taig.com). There is no need to jailbreak again.For the latest information, please follow @taig_jailbreak on Twitter or install 3K Assistant.
    3. Please turn off passcode and Find My iPhone before jailbreaking.
    4. If there is a warning of “Storage Almost Full”, please run Cydia.
    5. If jailbreak failed, turn off WIFI and try again. If failed again, please use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
    6. TaiG Jailbreak V2.1.2 supports iOS 8.1.3-iOS 8.3 untethered jailbreak. Currently iOS 8.3 is relatively stable. So we strongly recommend you to update your device to iOS 8.3 with TaiG Pro before jailbreak.
    For those that have been waiting for a stable moment to jump to iOS 8.3, now is a great time. You should consider doing so before iOS 8.4 is released so that you can ensure your iOS 8.3 jailbreak. This the first jailbreak to encompass compatibility with the Apple Watch, as the previous jailbreak was only compatible with iOS 8.1.2 and earlier. The Apple Watch requires iOS 8.2 or later.

To get the latest version of the TaiG jailbreak tool, you can head over to this link. Once again, the tool is Windows-only for now.

Source: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG Officially Launches Updated Version 2.1.2 Jailbreak Tool for Windows started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 46 Comments
      EVO -
      Awesome!

Hopefully TaiG can fix the file, the downloaded file is corrupted.
      Sakyr -
      Sweet but their server must be getting hammered can't get it to download at all! Will wait until tomorrow to try it
      NewD -
      Do we still need the older version of iTunes?
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      Awesome!

Same issue here.
      Supa_xL -
      What do we do if we used that substrate fix from yesterday? Little confused on that part
      Matthews436 -
      The substrate fix was leaked, TAIG advised against using it, if you are happy with it though then there is probably no point restoring to JB
      g0sbv -
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      Awesome!

Same here
      markotak -
      Nothing, just update Taig trough apt.taig.com, version is 8.1.3-8.x

As NewD asked, what about itunes version, do we still need older version?
      Frankiehr -
      Quote Originally Posted by markotak View Post

I heard you don't need to downgrade iTunes
      markotak -
      That would be great!
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Supa_xL View Post
      What do we do if we used that substrate fix from yesterday? Little confused on that part
      Wait for a patch update via Cydia and then install that one instead.
      arpit_310 -
      Quote Originally Posted by markotak View Post

• Fixes problems of getting stuck at 20% and 60%, and adaptate for latest iTunes.
      • Compatible with Cydia Substrate(Mobile Substrate).
      • Corrects the blank Settings problem while matching Apple Watch with iDevice.
      • Fix issues of UIcache.
      EVO -
      Confirmed that link is UP AND RUNNING now!

Time to JAILBREAK!
      Matthew Araujo -
      For those who still have some issues staying stuck at 20% try this.
      *Restore your iDevice with iTunes and set it as a new iDevice, don't connect to your apple account, don't put a code or touch iD
      *Unistall iTunes and Install iTunes 12.0.X
      And then try to jailbreak, I've done this and it worked really well for me. Sorry for my english btw, it's not my mother tongue.
      zenj -
      those can not download , this is a personal link of mine with latest file
      Dropbox - TaiGJBreak_EN_2120.exe
      zenj -
      it's crazy , the new file does not accept virtual machine
      Parallels running XP
      pulsecub -
      Is anyone else getting stuck at 60%? I have turned off Find My iPhone, do not have a Passcode, and have turned off WiFi, yet it is still not progressing beyond 60%...

I am using a fresh install of Windows 7, and a fresh install of iTunes 12.1.0.71. Any advice/ideas/directions?

UPDATE (2 hours later): I'm finally jailbroken, but OMG, what a convoluted series of steps I had to go through to get there:
      1. Restored phone (iPhone 6 Plus) to factory iOS 8.3. Didn't do a damn thing with it after that -- not even unlocked it.
      2. Uninstalled iTunes 12.1.0.71 from computer using the iTunes installer, then deleted all Apple-related directories (including hidden ones CUsers\username\AppData; CProgramData; CProgram Files\Common Files; etc.) from the computer. Had to stop the Apple Mobile Device Service, as that did not uninstall with the rest of the software.
      3. Scrubbed the Registry of all references to "Apple" and "iTunes;" this is what took the most time.
      4. Rebooted computer.
      5. Installed iTunes 12.0.1.26 using "Run as Administrator" option; did not run iTunes after installation.
      6. Launched TaiG Jailbreak and plugged in iPhone, but it did not see my iPhone.
      7. Went to Device Manager, and uninstalled the Apple USB device. Unplugged the iPhone and reconnected it to the Lightning Cable, allowing Windows to reinstall the USB driver. TaiG now sees iPhone.
      8. Started jailbreak; crossed fingers and held breath hoping for the best.
      9. Yay! Success after some tense moments at the 60% mark!
      10. Plugged iPhone into other computer where I normally sync with iTunes 12.1.1.4. Am currently restoring from backup, and am pleasantly surprised the Cydia icon was actually put back into the "Apps" folder I've had on my phone for a long time.
      11. Next step: restoring all my tweaks, etc.

For those using iTunes 12.1.1.4, I was unable to JB the phone with that version of iTunes; for some reason, at the 20% mark, the JB would fail and TaiG gave me an -1101 error (for which there was no explanation on their Website).

I sincerely hope no one else has to go through what I've dealt with; it's taken me about three-and-a-half hours getting it to this point. Now, time to make sure my Apple Watch is going to work... Anyone want to wish me luck?
      zenj -
      Anthony - is it allowed to post a link for a file ? my apologies if its a mistake, I can delete it if not allowed
      zenj -
      anyone managed to run the latest file on virtual machine ?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by zenj View Post
      Anthony - is it allowed to post a link for a file ? my apologies if its a mistake, I can delete it if not allowed
      I really don't care . I'm sure it'll help many.

I'm sure Kyle will be updating the site with download links when he gets up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by zenj View Post
      anyone managed to run the latest file on virtual machine ?
      Yes.

This did it for me. If you're using VMWare Fusion like I am, then you're going to want to find the Virtual Machine file that you made for Windows and then:

1. Shut down your virtual machine and quit your virtual machine
      2. Right click it and then click on "Show Package Contents"
      3. Find the file ending with the .vmx file extension
      4. Right click on the .vmx file and click on "Open With..." and choose TextEdit
      5. Scroll all the way down and add this line: monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "TRUE"
      6. Save the file with TextEdit and start your virtual machine back up and try again
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook