• Ryan Petrich Releases Activator Update With iOS 8.3 Support

On Friday, well-known iOS developer Ryan Petrich released an updated version of the highly popular Activator jailbreak extension to the default Cydia repositories. The new version, 1.9.3, has been available on Ryan Petrich's beta repository for a couple of days in beta form, but this is the first time it's available to the public as a stable release build.

Activator is one of those must-have jailbreak extensions. In this case, it's an extension that is heavily depended on by a large portion of jailbreak tweaks in order to perform certain user-oriented functions.

Version 1.9.3 doesn't only add iOS 8.3 support, it also fixes a long list of bugs and improves the add-on's stability. The full change log via Cydia has been included for you below:

• Basic support for iOS 8.3
    • Add option to suppress passcode when activating an app at the lock screen
    • Better support Activator actions written using ARC
    • Fix unlock to dispatch event behaviour on iOS 8
    • Make camera shutter action take take photo after the camera app opens, if it needs to be opened
    • Add custom command actions
    • Fix VPN settings action on iOS 8
    • Make the fingerprint sensor hold put the Touch ID sensor into matching mode when assigned
    • Treat entering deep device sleep as leaving the Wi-Fi network (even if the WLAN interface hasnít left the building yet)
    • Update localizations
    • Add system-wide back button action
    • Support activating actions via URLs (activator://send/Ö)
    • Re-enable message events
    • Allow unassigning more things via swipe to delete gestures
    • Adjust Touch ID events on iOS 8 to use matching mode less often
    • Fix dictation action on iOS 8
    • Fix rare crash in file providers
    • Improve launch time of message composer actions
    • Fix custom Siri actions on iOS 8
    To download the latest version of Activator, you can just search for it in Cydia. If you had the beta version installed from Ryan's beta repository, or had the earlier public version of Activator installed before today, then refreshing your sources will bring up an update prompt via the Changes tab in the Cydia application where you can download and install the update. A respring will be required afterwards, as with most tweak installations.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Ryan Petrich Releases Activator Update With iOS 8.3 Support started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      Sage I -
      Ryan Petrich is my hero... To everyone who says that there's no reason to jailbreak anymore, or that bitesms was the last good reason to jailbreak; ACTIVATOR! Can't imagine being jailbroken without it... Ryan is so on it with making Activator work so quickly every new jailbreak... Hats off and a round of applause to the best tweak maker in the jailbreak community!
      Supa_xL -
      Nice just need springtomize 3 to be updated and my jailbreak is complete!
      lostinthemes -
      What about HomeScreen Designer?
      miketurbo123 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
      Ryan Petrich is my hero... To everyone who says that there's no reason to jailbreak anymore, or that bitesms was the last good reason to jailbreak; ACTIVATOR! Can't imagine being jailbroken without it... Ryan is so on it with making Activator work so quickly every new jailbreak... Hats off and a round of applause to the best tweak maker in the jailbreak community!
      True but look at the rest of his tweaks. Most of them weren't updated to even work with iOS 7!
      Tucnepo -
      I jailbreak to only install a coc gaming assistant
      riaz1555 -
      Does anyone have a "small screen" issue after installing updated Activator?
      flash66 -
      Now just need my Multify!
      Mav1971 -
      Quote Originally Posted by riaz1555 View Post
      Never seen that before!
      riaz1555 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
      Never seen that before!
      It's So damn annoying. It's weird. Something to do with flipswitch and activator. I've done some trial n error with removing one by one and adding. All lead me to this result
      Sugarbear -
      It's So damn annoying. It's weird. Something to do with flipswitch and activator. I've done some trial n error with removing one by one and adding. All lead me to this result
      I had that happen to me yesterday. I had to do a clean restore and re jailbreak to get rid of it. I'd advise to do it now with the window to jailbreak is still open. They are going to release 8.4 very soon
      Zokunei -
      This happened to me one time way back, like iOS 4 or 5.
      Sage I -
      Quote Originally Posted by miketurbo123 View Post
      True but look at the rest of his tweaks. Most of them weren't updated to even work with iOS 7!
      True true... At least he updates activator though...
      DirtyDan -
      Having the same problem. Can't find a fix for it, I believe Ryan will have to do another update to fix this. I'm on iPhone 6 running 8.3 jailbroken via Taig 2.1.2. Too bad, the main reason I jailbroke my phone again was to get something like BiteSMS (Couria in this case).
      Padgoi -
      Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
      Now just need my Multify!
      I wish Multify actually worked. It sends me into safe mode so I had to delete it.
      DirtyDan -
      Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
      Having the same problem. Can't find a fix for it, I believe Ryan will have to do another update to fix this. I'm on iPhone 6 running 8.3 jailbroken via Taig 2.1.2. Too bad, the main reason I jailbroke my phone again was to get something like BiteSMS (Couria in this case).
      As it turns out the issue wasn't with activator, it was with couria. After uninstalling couria activator works fine, and the developer of couria said he's working on a solution to the small screen issue.
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
      As it turns out the issue wasn't with activator, it was with couria. After uninstalling couria activator works fine, and the developer of couria said he's working on a solution to the small screen issue.
      I too downloaded Couria and had a small screen. I also uninstalled it and everything started working again.
      miketurbo123 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbear View Post
      I had that happen to me yesterday. I had to do a clean restore and re jailbreak to get rid of it. I'd advise to do it now with the window to jailbreak is still open. They are going to release 8.4 very soon
      You could of just rebooted your iPhone and hold the volume up key until you see your home screen. This disables all Cydia extensions. Then you can proceed and safely remove activator or the faulty tweak using Cydia.
      miketurbo123 -
      I don't have that problem with my jailbroken iPhone 5s running on iOS 8.3. May I ask what tweak did you use to get your home screen dock to hold that many apps?
      Sugarbear -
      Quote Originally Posted by miketurbo123 View Post
      You could of just rebooted your iPhone and hold the volume up key until you see your home screen. This disables all Cydia extensions. Then you can proceed and safely remove activator or the faulty tweak using Cydia.
      Tried that. It didn't work for me
      novadam -
      Yes. Seemed to be iCleaner. At least for me.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook