• Tim Cook Praises Landmark Supreme Court Decision

On Friday, the U.S. Supreme Court reached a landmark 5-4 verdict effectively removing obstacles to marriage equality across the United States.

In response to the decision, Apple CEO Time Cook -- who publicly announced last year that he is gay -- turned to Twitter to praise the ruling, which opens the door for legalized gay marriage in all 50 states.

"Today marks a victory for equality, perseverance and love," Apple's chief executive officer tweeted, sparking thousands of retweets and "favorites" in the immediate aftermath of the posting.

During his tenure as CEO, Cook has been a passionate supporter of marriage equality and has contributed substantially to the effort that led to this morning's SCOTUS ruling.

Source: Twitter
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Tim Cook Praises Landmark Supreme Court Decision started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 48 Comments
      exNavy -
      I don't praise this decision. Marriage already means something. If it's just about righst call it something else because there is no pro creative aspect, or unity about this. I wonder what the next abomination is that the public will clamor for? If the slippery slope isn't completely vertical at this point I don't know what else could possibly make it more so.

Oh wait I just thought of the next issue: forced euthanasia when people become old and cost too much to keep them alive.
      peacedog -
      Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
      I don't praise this decision. Marriage already means something. If it's just about righst call it something else because there is no pro creative aspect, or unity about this. I wonder what the next abomination is that the public will clamor for? If the slippery slope isn't completely vertical at this point I don't know what else could possibly make it more so.

Oh wait I just thought of the next issue: forced euthanasia when people become old and cost too much to keep them alive.
      Marriage is essentially a business contract that each person will be financially responsible for the other. Because unmarried people can live together and procreate together. And people who are married can choose to live apart and not have kids. If my partner is ill, I can be the next of kin to make decisions for my partner.

What's wrong with making a union between two people legally binding?

Maybe straight people need to stop having gay babies.
      Feanor64 -
      Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
      Marriage is essentially a business contract that each person will be financially responsible for the other. Because unmarried people can live together and procreate together. And people who are married can choose to live apart and not have kids. If my partner is ill, I can be the next of kin to make decisions for my partner.

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
      Joshua 24:15

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
      And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
      Romans 1 26-27

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
      Romans 10 9-10
      Zokunei -
      Please continue to keep all debates civil. It is more important than ever to follow the forum rules when discussing sensitive issues.
      dsg -
      nobody is born gay, they either choose to be or are groomed into it. It's a conscious decision
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      nobody is born gay, they either choose to be or are groomed into it. It's a conscious decision
      Arenít there other animals that are homosexual? Seems I read about some that were the other day.
      dsg -
      I don't believe we're animals, though some people act like they are.

if that were true then they would have died out from not procreating, so I don't believe even they are gay from birth, some must still behave naturally
      mik3y08 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
      And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
      Joshua 24:15

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
      And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
      Romans 1 26-27

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
      Romans 10 9-10
      Yes, they gave into LUST, not LOVE. There is a difference. There is not even a hebrew word for homosexual, the Bible was translated from Hebrew BY MAN.

My biggest issue today is hypocrisy. So many people getting upset that this law infringes on their "christian values." So do many other laws. Death penalty, the right to shoot and kill someone in self defense, divorce, and many others. Even if you do believe it is a sin, if the law followed the Bible, we would all be in in trouble. We all sin. It isn't the governments job to keep that from happening.

If your issue is the government changing the definition of marriage, well then your issue isn't with gay marriage at all, it is with government regulating marriage. If it is strictly a religious thing, it shouldn't be required for so many basic rights.

Using christianity as an excuse for homophobia isn't right. The biggest christian value is love.
      Cokeman -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpiderManAPV View Post
      Arenít there other animals that are homosexual? Seems I read about some that were the other day.
      That is what they try to say. However even the most basic animal observation shows it as unnatural behavior. If you look at it from an evolutionary aspect it goes against what nature designed. If you look at it from a biblical aspect it goes against God's design.
      Cokeman -
      After this ruling, where will the line be drawn? Can a brother have a legal contract with his sister. A aunt with a nephew niece? Those sound far fetched, but who decides what is acceptable and what's not? In a society that teaches if it feels right do it. There is no stopping how far it will go. They teach we are no different than animals. So can a person that loves their pet marry them? To answer your question a lot can be wrong with it.
      If someone breaks in your home, hurts themselves they can sue you. All because of loop holes in the laws. What will happen when the loop holes in these laws recently passed are discovered?

No child is born with sexual desires. Their sexual desires are created through their life. There are homosexuals that are now straight. If they were born that way they couldn't change it. There are straight people who later decide they are homosexual. Of course the argument with this one is they were always homosexual. The problem there is how does a always homosexual become straight?
      For them to gain equal rights that had to be born that way, yet there is no scientific evidence they were.
      CabooseLoL -
      Just curious, when did you make the "conscious decision" that you're straight?
      pulsecub -

Marriage never had anything to do with procreation (yes, it's one word, not two). Marriage was originally a social contract designed to preserve and transfer property from one individual/family to another. Then religions got hold of it, and decided to make it about them, and since gay=bad to most religion...well, you get the picture.
      dsg -
      Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
      Just curious, when did you make the "conscious decision" that you're straight?
      You don't have to your DNA is programmed to be heterosexual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      CabooseLoL -

So by your logic, straight couples who are infertile and are unable to procreate and need to adopt to have children, should not be able to get married. Got it.
      dsg -
      How did you come to that conclusion, that has nothing to do with what I said

it is a completely different issue entirely

CabooseLoL -
      How did you come to that conclusion, that has nothing to do with what I said

it is a completely different issue entirely

Sorry, wasn't replying to you. For some reason it didn't include the quote from "exNavy," so I had to edit it.
      mallenass -
      Quote Originally Posted by pulsecub View Post
      Marriage never had anything to do with procreation (yes, it's one word, not two). Marriage was originally a social contract designed to preserve and transfer property from one individual/family to another. Then religions got hold of it, and decided to make it about them, and since gay=bad to most religion...well, you get the picture.
      are you even serious??

since the beginning of civilization marriage has been a way to unify different clans, houses, lands, kingdoms, countries, so on and so forth.
      the purpose was for two heirs of any given bloodline to unite though marriage and PROCREATE AN OFFSPRING who would then be the IRREVOCABLE union of those two families(houses, clans, kingdoms, whatever diddle your sikittle), and would then go on to rule, or lead the unified bloodline.

without a baby, a marriage (was) NOTHING, if you don't believe me, ask sansa stark.
      mallenass -

its not gay marriage that is wrong. its gay sex!!!!....that ultimately leads to gay marriage.

it is an unnatural deviation of the natural human scheme. and the law SHOULD NEVER, be tailored to our perversions and deviations.

if that would be so, then pedophilia should be legal as well, because pedophiles "dont choose" to lust after children,.....and if two people can unite if "they love each other" and it "feels right".... then why shouldn't a 30+ yr. old male date a horny and willing, 11 or 12 year old?
      peacedog -
      Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
      its not gay marriage that is wrong. its gay sex!!!!....that ultimately leads to gay marriage.

it is an unnatural deviation of the natural human scheme. and the law SHOULD NEVER, be tailored to our perversions and deviations.

if that would be so, then pedophilia should be legal as well, because pedophiles "dont choose" to lust after children,.....and if two people can unite if "they love each other" and it "feels right".... then why shouldn't a 30+ yr. old male date a horny and willing, 11 or 12 year old?
      Are you serious? Why do homophobes always associate homosexuality with pedophilia, beastiality, and rape? Most people who commit these crimes are heteros.

LOL from a person who's username is almost "male in @ss".
      pulsecub -
      You don't have to your DNA is programmed to be heterosexual

You, sir, are not only an idiot, you are an ignorant idiot at that.

I'll bet you didn't know there's been research done which proffers evidence of a difference in the physical structure of the brain in homosexual men? One specific area of the brain (I forget which; the research is years old) is larger in gay men than in straight men. The study was conducted post-mortem, with cadavers donated to science, where the men either self-identified as "gay" or "straight."

Given that your DNA controls your physiognomy, this research therefore invalidates your line of reasoning, and in fact establishes that some of us are "programmed" to be homosexual.

But of course you won't believe any of that, because you, sir, are an ignorant idiot.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook