• Apple Adds Special Section Dedicated to LGBT Pride in iOS App Store

A special section has been added recently to Apple’s iOS App Store dedicated to LGBT rights equality with music, TV shows, movies, apps, and other online media. All of which, reflect LGBT pride. Movies like ‘Hedwig and the Angry Inch’ and TV shows like ‘Orange is the New Black’ have been included in the dedicated section. Other things like local event calendars, podcasts, books, and LGBT themed magazines are also part of the featured category.

Apple and Tim Cook have been a big supporter of many different U.S. Civil Rights initiatives and have widely supported LGBT rights and promotions.

Every June, we commemorate the 1969 Stonewall riots — a history-making moment in which gay men and women fought back after decades of relentless discrimination. It heralded the beginning of the modern gay rights movement, launching the struggle for public visibility, cultural acceptance, and legal equality that the LGBT community has continued battling for ever since.
    Cook has previously spoken out about equal rights for the LGBT community, as well as the issues regarding minority groups in America. He has also donated a large sum to the Human Rights Campaign’s Project One America previously. Cook is big on giving back to the community after getting paid a very generous salary from the company. Those interested in the new section should definitely head on over to the iOS App Store and see all highlighted material.

Source: iTunes
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Adds Special Section Dedicated to LGBT Pride in iOS App Store started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      Dark_Ninja -
      Oh god!!! Who cares!!! Let's talk about something real.. Like Abortion!!! That's important!
      towboattrash34 -
      This country has gone to hell.
      vcf -
      Well it's funny how Apple take out all civil war stuff do to the confederate flag. They leave all nazi apps and games. Then they add this section make me think Apple is bs. Ohh and apple stocks are not going up for 2 weeks now ahah
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
      This country has gone to hell.
      I know right? First we let the blacks marry our white women, and now this. Just awful. Downward spiral. Now I'm going to be forced to marry a gay man. Terrible.
      X-Men -
      "Do you approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, but you are a people who behave senselessly."

أئنكم لتأتون الرجال شهوة من دون النساء ۚ بل أنتم قوم تجهلون

[Quran 27:55]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by X-Men View Post
      "Do you approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, but you are a people who behave senselessly."

أئنكم لتأتون الرجال شهوة من دون النساء ۚ بل أنتم قوم تجهلون

[Quran 27:55]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      "I do not like them, Sam I am."

-- Green Eggs and Ham, Dr. Seuss
      Jahooba -
      So, Apple's getting into the political activist business, I see. This won't end well.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
      So, Apple's getting into the political activist business, I see. This won't end well.
      They’ve been in that business for a few years now. This isn’t even the first time they’ve dealt with this issue.
      thazsar -
      Went to an FC Dallas game last night. Some guy had a huge Texas flag but it was covered in Rainbow stripes. Got me thinking, what if I waved a huge Texas flag w/ a Cross on it?

Which one do you think will get persecuted...him or I?
      bigboyz -
      Next, I'll be able to marry a tree, marry a child or maybe marry a dog. Do what thou wilt. I don't see this new freedom helping anyone or anything. More like a distraction. Meanwhile we are 20 trillion in debt..focus people.
      DayumQuitPlayin -
      Haters are gonna hate as usual. What's funny is that they no longer matter. Gays are gaining rights that these "persecuted Christians" fight so hard to deny.
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
      Haters are gonna hate as usual. What's funny is that they no longer matter. Gays are gaining rights that these "persecuted Christians" fight so hard to deny.
      "...take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook