• Saurik Fixes Disappearing Apps After TaiG Jailbreak on iOS 8.3 With UIKit Tools Update

If you jailbroke your iOS 8.3 device recently using the latest version of the TaiG jailbreak tool and you experienced strange unexplainable disappearing of application icons on your Home Screen, you can now rest assured that the head honcho of Cydia, Saurik (Jay Freeman), has your back.

In an update to UIKit Tools, which is installed with your jailbreak, Saurik claims to have fixed an issue with application icons disappearing from the Home Screen. For some, it affected some of the application icons, and for others, it affected all of them. The update also installs a new package called "Patcyh," which Saurik also appears to have cooked up as of late.

The update is waiting under the Changes tab in the Cydia application for those jailbroken. To get it, you may need to refresh your sources after launching Cydia. This update is recommended for all users that have jailbroken iOS 8.3. It should be upgraded whether you jailbroke with TaiG 2.0.0 or TaiG 2.1.2, as Saurik notes on Twitter:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">uikittools 1.1.10 fixes the &quot;all my icons are gone&quot; issue users were reporting after using TaiG (both 2.0.0 and 2.1.2) to jailbreak iOS 8.3.</p>&mdash; Jay Freeman (saurik) (@saurik) <a href="https://twitter.com/saurik/status/614932730434883585">June 27, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Source: Saurik
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Fixes Disappearing Apps After TaiG Jailbreak on iOS 8.3 With UIKit Tools Update started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      Simon -
      Never had the issue myself but glad it's fixed. Thanks Saurik
      Anon9mouz -
      Wish there was a Mac version so I can jailbreak lol
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anon9mouz View Post
      Wish there was a Mac version so I can jailbreak lol
      Just download the FREE trial of VMWare Fusion, and the FREE developer insider of Windows 10. Not that hard lol. Just do it.

Get it before iOS 8.4, because who knows, Apple might patch this.
      Supa_xL -
      Saurik is the man
      swifty7 -
      I guess those of us using 64bit OS is out of luck....right?
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
      My Windows laptop is 64bit and I didn't have a problem. My iPad mini 2 was jailbroken faster than my 6+.
      studderman -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Just download the FREE trial of VMWare Fusion, and the FREE developer insider of Windows 10. Not that hard lol. Just do it.

I second that :-)
      oldskoolsk8r -
      Jailbroke my 6 plus yesterday on my 64 bit computer with no problems
      Anon9mouz -

Hmm see I never ran a vm on Mac. This is my first Mac and I only been with it for some months now. But I'll look into it thanks bro.
      Neojok -
      I jailbreak my i6+ and no problem at all.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anon9mouz View Post
      Hmm see I never ran a vm on Mac. This is my first Mac and I only been with it for some months now. But I'll look into it thanks bro.
      If you have any trouble running the jailbreak tool on your virtual machine, refer back to some of the previous threads about this and I've covered a solution for that
      Oddlane -
      Anyone jailbroken with the watch? Any issues?
      markotak -
      How to do refresh cydia when the icon missing?
      cowburnator -
      Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
      Try this
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      I'm still getting errors every time. I've even restored my device
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Oddlane View Post
      Anyone jailbroken with the watch? Any issues?
      Yes. Haven't had any issues that I have noticed so far.
      novadam -
      My watch is fine.
      chevymusclecar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      Hopefully you are in DFU mode when you restore...Then set up as a "new phone" after restore., then jb. I would not restore any previous backups. But if you need to do after jb process.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      More detailed information about the types of errors you're getting would help us help you.
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      More detailed information about the types of errors you're getting would help us help you.
      2.1.3 fixed everything. Got it working now. I kept getting errors that weren't on the help page
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook