• Taig Launches Version 2.1.3 of iOS 8.1.3-8.3 Jailbreak Tool for Windows With More Fixes

TaiG has released version 2.1.3 of its new iOS 8.1.3-8.3 jailbreak tool for Windows to fix a variety of problems with the tool that many users have been experiencing.

Among the fixes, TaiG now works better with virtual machines. Those that were getting the annoying error message that said the tool couldn't be ran on a virtual machine should now be able to run TaiG on their virtual machine without error message popping up as of version 2.1.3.

Moreover, additional fixes to improve the reliability of the jailbreak tool and prevent hangups at 20% have been implemented.

TaiG notes in the change log that TaiG 2.1.3 also integrates Saurik's UIKit fix for missing application icons on the Home Screen, as well as the latest version of Cydia (version 1.1.18). This means that users who jailbreak will no longer need to update these packages, as the latest versions will be installed automatically out of the box.

V2.1.3 (2015-06-28)
    • Fix the issue of getting stuck at 20% while jailbreaking.
    • Update the latest Cydia 1.1.18 and UIKitTools 1.1.1.0; fix the issue of icon missing after jailbreak.
    • Fix long startup time of iPhone 4s after jailbreak.
    • Fix the issue that TaiG Jailbreak Tool doesn't work on the virtual machine.
    To download the latest version of TaiG, you can head over to this link. If you need help jailbreaking your iOS 8.1.3-8.3 device, you can follow our guide on how to do it at this link.

Those that are already jailbroken need not re-jailbreak their devices. This update is for those that have not yet jailbroken to make their lives easier during the process. Those already jailbroken can update the TaiG untether package via Cydia using one of TaiG's Cydia repositories, which are available on TaiG's Web site.

Source: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Taig Launches Version 2.1.3 of iOS 8.1.3-8.3 Jailbreak Tool for Windows With More Fixes started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
      kickerman65 -
      So they can fix it for use on a virtual machine but they can fix it for a native windows machine running the latest x64 bit version of iTunes? And they think its acceptable practice to make everyone downgrade their iTunes? What are these guys thinking .
      alex-xx -
      Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
      so they can fix it for use on a virtual machine but they can fix it for a native windows machine running the latest x64 bit version of itunes? And they think its acceptable practice to make everyone downgrade their itunes? What are these guys thinking .
      true bro true. I'm disappointed at this time!
      a2943149 -
      I'm on IOS7.1.1 and still wondering if its really worth upgrading to IOS8.3 and jailbreaking as I've heard nothing but bad words against IOS8 and the iPad3 which I have.

Is IOS8.3 better for the iPad3 now or should I stay on IOS7?
      Looks like I have a few hours left to choose as Apple will release IOS8.4 on Tuesday.

Any advice?
      Yzord -
      8.3 will get signed the next few weeks, so don't worry. What i find annoying is no mac version.
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by a2943149 View Post
      I'm on IOS7.1.1 and still wondering if its really worth upgrading to IOS8.3 and jailbreaking as I've heard nothing but bad words against IOS8 and the iPad3 which I have.

Looks like I have a few hours left to choose as Apple will release IOS8.4 on Tuesday.

Any advice?
      I like 8.3. But I've been at 8.x for a long time -- can't really remember 7.x.

Jailbreak is like butter. Very stable so far. I love being at the most recent iOS with a clean jailbreak. Feels right.
      Anthony Bouchard -

Any advice?
      All current jailbreak tweaks are being made for iOS 8. It's an upgrade in itself just to jump to iOS 8.1.2, which has been jailbroken for some time, let alone iOS 8.3. I'd do it.
      anhtuanle84 -

Any advice?
      I'd stay on iOS7 just for BiteSMS, since there isn't one for iOS8; but if you absolutely need iOS8 for Apple Watch or other inter-iDevice functionalities then you really don't have much options.
      chevymusclecar -
      Some apps may not be compatible for ios7 in the future. Plus ios8 has a quick reply now...
      KDawg295 -
      My desktop on windows 7 64 but is running iTunes 12.1.4 I believe, do I simply download an older version and reinstall ?
      thazsar -

Any advice?
      I have an iPad 3, as well, and I noticed a little more taxing on the processor versus 8.1 but after running iCleaner and removing files I don't need, it's seems to be good now!

There's no doubt that 7.1.x was a stable jailbreak but 8.3 seems to be fairly solid for me. In time, all the bugs will be worked out and you should be happy if you choose to update.
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
      Some apps may not be compatible for ios7 in the future. Plus ios8 has a quick reply now...
      Quick reply on iOS 8 is the absolute worst implementation. No quick reply would've worked better than what they did. It's a disgusting implementation. In case I'm not clear, I don't like it lol.
      bubba456 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      I have an iPad 3, as well, and I noticed a little more taxing on the processor versus 8.1 but after running iCleaner and removing files I don't need, it's seems to be good now!

There's no doubt that 7.1.x was a stable jailbreak but 8.3 seems to be fairly solid for me. In time, all the bugs will be worked out and you should be happy if you choose to update.
      What's the most efficient way to run iCleaner for efficiency but not screw anything up either? Never pulled the trigger on actually using the app but I've been JB'ing for years. I will peruse Google also but I'm curious to hear from a user on the new OS, etc... Thanks
      chevymusclecar -
      Use icleaner pro...
      exile90software.com/cydia/beta/
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by bubba456 View Post
      What's the most efficient way to run iCleaner for efficiency but not screw anything up either? Never pulled the trigger on actually using the app but I've been JB'ing for years. I will peruse Google also but I'm curious to hear from a user on the new OS, etc... Thanks

Clean out the language files for:
      Language
      Keyboard
      Siri

Then go to the homepage of iCleaner and and clean out all the junk files by turning on the toggles I showed you.

Respring and that should do it!
      Sakyr -
      Everything works great with this version only thing I noticed is the apple watch is quite buggy when iPhone is jailbroken aside from that all is great and working!
      littlelisa63 -
      Do you still have to have a older version of iTunes on windows 7 32 bit pc?
      Tia
      Supa_xL -
      What's weird and happening to me is this morning I updated to the latest version through cydia but I'm getting an upgrade alert again but it's not actually letting me upgrade. Not sure what this issue is.
      MrsReval -
      My phone hung during the reboot process after the update and i had to do a hard reset. Fortunately everything went fine after that.
      a2943149 -
      Thanks everyone for the replies. Looks like I'll be upgrading shortly and hope for the best.
      Fresh restore, jailbreak then restore from backup. Is that the best way or fresh restore, restore from backup then jailbreak?
      The last few times i've jailbroken I always get the order wrong and have to jailbreak and restore multiple times to get the apps, settingss and the jailbreak all to work properly.
      chevymusclecar -
      The safest way is to not restore any previous backups. Some do but it opens the window to introduce older/unused files to a newer system. I never restore any backups it's like a spring cleaning in a sense.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook