• Right Now is a Pretty Good Time to Get Your Devices to iOS 8.3 and Jailbreak With TaiG

TaiG released a new jailbreak on Tuesday for iOS 8.1.3-8.3. If you haven't already upgraded your device(s) to iOS 8.3 and jailbroken with TaiG 2.1.3, now is a very good time to do it, and you probably don't want to wait too long either. Here are some reasons why:

1. iOS 8.3 is the Latest Official iOS Firmware that Can be Jailbroken At This Point in Time

iOS 8.3 is the latest jailbreakable firmware to date. It's also Apple's most stable iOS 8 release to date; it has the most stability improvements and security fixes to date and runs smoothly at that. With that being said, why not upgrade your device to the latest firmware and jailbreak it so that you have the best of stability, security, and performance?

2. iOS 8.3 Supports the Apple Watch

iOS 8.3 also gives you the wiggle room of being able to use an Apple Watch along with your jailbreak, which is something you can't do on earlier most iOS versions. Before this week, users had to choose between a jailbreak and having the Apple Watch, which many people cringed to think about. It's not a good feeling to give up a jailbreak that you care about, and conversely, it's also not a good feeling to not be able to use a gadget you just paid hundreds of dollars for.

3. iOS 8.4 is Coming

Pretty soon, it's looking like it could be this Tuesday, Apple is planning to release iOS 8.4 to the public with Apple Music built into it. There is a slight chance, although unlikely, that iOS 8.4 could patch the TaiG jailbreak. It hasn't been confirmed whether or not it will yet, and likely won't be until the day it drops, but it's better not to take the chance. Moreover, if iOS 8.4 doesn't patch the jailbreak, it will be easy to upgrade to the firmware and jailbreak it again. It's just a 'better safe than sorry' argument here.

4. Saurik Has Deemed the Jailbreak As Stable

Saurik has unlocked jailbreak tweak purchasing on iOS 8.3 late this week as he deemed the jailbreak to be "stable." You know it's a good jailbreak when Saurik supports it. The tool has been refined in a series of updates since the initial release to fix issues with jailbreaking devices and improve the stability of the jailbreak overall. So far, we're running the jailbreak on multiple devices and there haven't been any issues with ours since the initial jailbreak.

5. Jailbreak Developers Are Now Developing for iOS 8.3

With iOS 8.3 being the latest version of iOS to jailbreak, developers are moving forward and looking for ways to tweak Apple's latest public operating system. This means that those of you still on iOS 7 and earlier versions of iOS 8 might not be able to take advantage of some of the newest jailbreak tweaks as they surface. Don't trap yourself at an earlier firmware when your favorite tweaks will all be updated in due time, just jump boat and upgrade to iOS 8.3 for the peace of mind.

If you need help jailbreaking your iOS 8.3 device with TaiG 2.1.3, you can follow our guide at this link.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Right Now is a Pretty Good Time to Get Your Devices to iOS 8.3 and Jailbreak With TaiG started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 45 Comments
      vafirefighter -
      Still a pain to have to download earlier version of itunes
      arpit_310 -
      Quote Originally Posted by vafirefighter View Post
      Still a pain to have to download earlier version of itunes
      Not anymore. The latest taig 2.1.2/2.1.3 works on current itunes.
      Sniper488 -
      I'm stuck in respring mode because of their new update in Cydia [emoji17]
      jackbauerctu -
      I'm gonna stick to 8.1 until a JB becomes available for 8.4. I don't have an apple watch (yet) so until apple music comes out I really don't have a reason to risk going through these awful boot loops that people are reporting still when trying to JB on 8.3.
      jonas68 -
      Can you jailbreak from the MacBook yet ? Don't have windows.
      Sniper488 -
      Well, went back into Cydia and redownloaded update and rebooted, waited couple minutes on black screen of death and its now working. Already had to restore twice now, didn't want this to be the third...
      ArChAiC69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
      I'm stuck in respring mode because of their new update in Cydia [emoji17]
      I updated thru Cydia and haven't had any issues
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      I'm gonna stick to 8.1 until a JB becomes available for 8.4. I don't have an apple watch (yet) so until apple music comes out I really don't have a reason to risk going through these awful boot loops that people are reporting still when trying to JB on 8.3.
      8.3 is a lot more stable than 8.1
      Jokadaking -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      It's stable now. Only takes 5 minutes and the minor glitches I've noticed before I updated are fixed now. 4 days in and my phone hasn't re-sprung once!
      MoonFighter -
      Quote Originally Posted by arpit_310 View Post
      Not anymore. The latest taig 2.1.2/2.1.3 works on current itunes.
      Really? I jailbroke with TaiG 2.1.2 and still had to downgrade iTunes
      envious86 -
      How long does apple sign the firmware for before closing it? I'm on vacation and not home until the 2nd of July and have no laptop or anything.
      wizardlord -
      Is there a reason why I shouldn't stay on 8.3 unjailbroken until 8.4 comes out, see what the feedback is regarding 8.4 being jailbreakable, and then either jailbreak 8.3 or upgrade to 8.4 and jailbreak? Can live without being jailbroken for a few days.....
      buttamix -
      If TaiG can make the jailbreak tool compatible with a MacBook before Tuesday then I can jailbreak on 8.3 ( fingers crossed)
      MoonFighter -
      Quote Originally Posted by wizardlord View Post
      Is there a reason why I shouldn't stay on 8.3 unjailbroken until 8.4 comes out, see what the feedback is regarding 8.4 being jailbreakable, and then either jailbreak 8.3 or upgrade to 8.4 and jailbreak? Can live without being jailbroken for a few days.....
      Depends. If your JB of 8.3 goes smoothly then there's no issue with that. If you hit a bump and need to do a restore, then you have the added annoyance of needing to restore back to 8.3 and also making sure to do it while the signing window for 8.3 is still open.

It's unlikely that the JB is patched in 8.4, but it seems like a good idea to JB now when you know you can and it's somewhat simpler than to take a chance that 8.4 won't be jailbreakable.
      Sniper488 -
      Now when I go on Cydia, it shows I have an TaiG update 2.1.3 with installed version 2.1.3
      Italia411 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
      Now when I go on Cydia, it shows I have an TaiG update 2.1.3 with installed version 2.1.3
      Yeah I installed it thinking it was an update and it's still showing as a update. Hope that won't mess with my phone.
      miketurbo123 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jonas68 View Post
      Can you jailbreak from the MacBook yet ? Don't have windows.
      Download VM Ware Fusion and Windows 10 preview on your mac. Download TaiG 2.1.3 to the Windows 10 virtual box and start jailbraking before apple stops signing iOS 8.3!
      WHUDS -
      I have spent all day on my device because of Itunes and corrupt backups, it seems you Jailbreak and use Itunes to create back ups they will be corrupt due to some tweaks like f.lux. finally I tried I cloud back up, usually I do use icloud but I had it on by mistake last week and it worked.
      EVO -
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonFighter View Post

It's unlikely that the JB is patched in 8.4, but it seems like a good idea to JB now when you know you can and it's somewhat simpler than to take a chance that 8.4 won't be jailbreakable.
      Only time will till and that time is Tuesday (from reports).

I am also hopeful the exploit is not patched.
      Eonhpi -
      I didn't have any issue with the jailbreak well I had to restart it one time cuz it was stuck at 20% jail broke three iPhone 5s one iPhone 6
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook