• TaiG Announces Updated Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.4 Will Launch Within the Hour

TaiG has announced via Twitter that they will be updating the TaiG jailbreak tool for Windows within the hour with official support for the newly-released iOS 8.4 firmware, as the public launch of iOS 8.4 does not patch the jailbreak.

TaiG said in the Tweet that they need to perform some last-minute testing before the jailbreak goes live.

PP, who has been accused of stealing code from the TaiG jailbreak, already released an updated jailbreak tool, but we recommend you don't use it and use TaiG's instead due to the fact that TaiG is actually kosher.

iOS 8.4 includes support for Apple Music, as well as improvements to the stability of Wi-Fi. Some aspects of the jailbreak will need to be updated for support for iOS 8.4, but for the most part, much of what works on iOS 8.3 should already work on iOS 8.4 with the exception of Music application modding packages.

We will continue to keep you updated, so stay tuned!

Source: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG Announces Updated Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.4 Will Launch Within the Hour started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
      EVO -
      In the process of restoring my 6 to 8.4 and patiently waiting!
      thazsar -
      Nice! Glad I waited to do a full restore until 8.4 was released!!! I'll be playing w/ this tonight! [emoji106]
      Bo -
      Nice, exciting times.
      jsuddu0109 -
      Great, now I get to restore, update, and configure all my tweaks again like I did yesterday. Looks like I should have waited for 8.4. Oh well, it will all be worth it in the end!
      mazzanic -
      Glad I waited... Butttt...Oh snap.. I have Windows 10... I think I screwed myself. Anyone know if it works?.. *sigh*
      Chula -
      I'm so glad I waited....best news ever!
      angerthosenear -
      Quote Originally Posted by mazzanic View Post
      Glad I waited... Butttt...Oh snap.. I have Windows 10... I think I screwed myself. Anyone know if it works?.. *sigh*
      I jailbroke 8.3 with the TaiG tool without issue on Win10. I doubt you'll have any issue.
      mazzanic -
      Quote Originally Posted by angerthosenear View Post
      I jailbroke 8.3 with the TaiG tool without issue on Win10. I doubt you'll have any issue.
      well that's a relief then.. Thanks for letting me know.. I'll give it a go once the 4PM hits the hour lol... Work bans these sites for some reason sheesh haha
      littlelisa63 -
      oh bugger I've just downgraded to 8.3 and jailbroke my phone...lmao
      XTRoRDiNAiRE -
      So if I am jailbroken on 8.3 I can update to 8.4 without losing jailbreak ?
      GrandMstrBud -
      Just got 8.3 updated yesterday and now to go over and do it again. If only PkgBackup worked right then it'd be okay...
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by XTRoRDiNAiRE View Post
      So if I am jailbroken on 8.3 I can update to 8.4 without losing jailbreak ?
      No
      TDH Advocate -
      I just spent the last hour fighting with my phone to downgrade from iOS 9 beta 2 to 8.4. Finally got it and my old 8.4 back up was deleted by iTunes so I'm practically on a fresh device again. FML.
      novadam -
      It's up on Tai G's site
      alemonstaaa -
      When will the Mac OS jailbreak come out?
      hogcia -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Nice! Glad I waited to do a full restore until 8.4 was released!!! I'll be playing w/ this tonight! [emoji106]
      Me 2![emoji1]
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      It's up on Tai G's site
      Damn! I'm 2 minutes late.
      Bulldog5278 -
      This is awesome news!!!
      pottsj42 -
      I would rather use someone that I know is reliable.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook