• TaiG Releases Version 2.3.0 of Windows Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.1.3-8.x With New Cydia 1.1.19 Integrated

Friday morning, TaiG has released an updated version of its jailbreak tool for the Windows platform. The jailbreak tool is capable of jailbreaking iOS 8.1.3 all the way to iOS 8.4 on any device that can run the firmware.

The new updated tool integrates Saurik's new rootless Cydia, which runs entirely as mobile using Cydia Subsrate. This means that Cydia can now be modified by jailbreak tweaks and themes.

Moreover, TaiG 2.3.0 also removes the controversial setreuid patch that the jailbreak team attempted to release yesterday, although Saurik warned of the patch's risks and refused to let the update launch of default repositories to prevent damage to jailbreakers' devices.

With the controversial patch removed and the latest version of Cydia added, TaiG 2.3.0 is the most stable jailbreak release to date. Those that have not yet jailbroken can download TaiG 2.3.0 for free from this link, while those that are already jailbroken can just stay where they are and update the untether package when it is released in Cydia.

For a guide on how to jailbreak your iOS 8.1.3-8.4 device with TaiG 2.3.0, you can head over to this link.

Source: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG Releases Version 2.3.0 of Windows Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.1.3-8.x With New Cydia started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 75 Comments
      KBI2113 -
      I just jailbroke my 5 using the 2.2.1, and it's running pretty smoothly so far. Should I re-jailbreak using this version?
      EVO -
      Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
      I just jailbroke my 5 using the 2.2.1, and it's running pretty smoothly so far. Should I re-jailbreak using this version?
      "while those that are already jailbroken can just stay where they are and update the untether package when it is released in Cydia."
      thazsar -
      I had the worst experience EVER w/ the 8.4 JB on my ip6+. Not sure what happened but I spent 5 hours trying to JB it. Finally, had to download Parallels and use Windows 10 to get it done.

Oddly enough, I was able to easily jailbreak my iPads using 2.2 and 2.2.1 using VMWare and WinXP. Craziest thing....
      flash66 -
      FIXED!

It seems iTunes auto syncing through the USB port while running TaiG app can cause major issues. Getting stuck at 30% - 60%?

In iTunes preferences, Turn off "Sync device automatically" then the jailbreak process will be very much faster and should cure any issues people are having when all else fails. After witnessing the speed increase for the jailbreak process, I would safely say this option should be turned off prior to jailbreaking, and is not required for the process. It seems to potentially interfere causing interrupts during the few reboots called by TaiG which may be the cause of problems for many.
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Has anyone noticed any problems with their tweaks after updating?
      mld54 -
      Nightmode8 is now affecting Cydia and making it unreadable, and Nightmode8 doesn't have a toggle to control it for Cydia, So I had to just turn Nightmode8 off
      atorres062 -
      Still no Mac...[emoji19]
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
      Still no Mac...[emoji19]
      Chinese run pirated windows software... Remember?
      exNavy -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      I had the worst experience EVER w/ the 8.4 JB on my ip6+. Not sure what happened but I spent 5 hours trying to JB it. Finally, had to download Parallels and use Windows 10 to get it done.

Oddly enough, I was able to easily jailbreak my iPads using 2.2 and 2.2.1 using VMWare and WinXP. Craziest thing....
      Me too. I jb'd the ipad with taig but I had to use PP to jb 8.4 in my iphone 6+. And I tried taig about 15 times before giving up. Sucks that I can't apply the latest taig patch for setreuid. I did this on Win 8.1.
      csglinux -
      This certainly wasn't the easiest jailbreak. It didn't work for me on my old 32-bit Windows machine. (Dang, I'm embarrassed to admit I even have one of them. I hate Windows!) Eventually got it working running TaiG as administrator on a Windows 7 VM in parallels.

Many thanks TaiG folks! [emoji3]
      buggsy2 -
      mother release! This JB is a joke.
      KBI2113 -
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      "while those that are already jailbroken can just stay where they are and update the untether package when it is released in Cydia."
      Ahhh, missed that line. Thanks for the clarification.
      Nuff Said -
      Hallelujah! After hours of failed attempts I am finally jailbroken. Although I am grateful, I must say this is the worst jailbroken experience I've had.
      StuG III -
      Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
      mother release! This JB is a joke.
      Why are you here then?
      Evaded -
      Jailbroke with the 1st release on 8.3 and the second release for 8.4 on both my iPhone 6 and iPad mini with zero issues (except the downgrading of iTunes). I guess I just got lucky after reading all of these comments.
      WhyNotCallMeRo -
      No problems with jailbreak on i6+ and iPad air2
      Hunter926 -
      Anyone else's phone respringing randomly?
      Happens anywhere from 1 to maybe 6 times a day
      King_O_Hill -
      Some people experience this, but without knowing what phone and what tweaks your using, it's kinda hard to say.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Took me a total of 10 minutes to jailbreak my 6 plus. That includes downgrading iTunes to 12.0.1.
      kasek -
      freezing at 60% and i disabled the sync thing like someone suggested ip6+ 8.4
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook