• Apple Pay to Possibly Launch in the U.K. on July 14th

Last month during Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference, they announced that the U.K. would be launching mobile payment service Apple Pay this month. It seems like the company is right on schedule with doing this, as sources say they are looking to enable the service in the U.K. on July 14th. According to some Apple Retail employees, the Cupertino-based company informed them that it will go live Tuesday and apparently some internal memos for supermarket Waitrose note the same.

Launching Apple Pay in the U.K. marks the company’s first international expansion outside of the U.S. Working the same way as it does in the U.S., no PIN will be required for usage. However, it was noted that a £20 cap will be included for every transaction made. The company is not looking to just expand to the U.K., but is also interested in bringing the service to Canada, South Korea, and China.

Apple retail employees in the U.K. will supposedly begin training on July 12th. When we first reported that this would expand to the U.K., we also noted that many stores there already have NFC equipped systems so incorporating Apple Pay won’t take too much of an effort. With everything going on, July 14th may very well be the company’s expansion of Apple Pay internationally.

Source: 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Pay to Possibly Launch in the U.K. on July 14th started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      littlelisa63 -
      Well I won't be using it because Barclays Bank won't do it!![emoji22]
      Sage I -
      Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
      Well I won't be using it because Barclays Bank won't do it!![emoji22]
      That's a bummer... In the States my Barclaycard was an early adopter of Apple Pay, I have a Barclay Card on my Apple Watch and iPhone... Hopefully they'll jump on board for yall in the UK soon!
      yohu123 -
      This is the 2nd rumored announcement from Apple on 14th July. The first one is iPods with new colors. That's just 4 days away. But I guess both announcements will be done silently by updating their homepage. It seems there are too many changes that Apple is making which aren't worth a stage announcement.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook