• TaiG Posts TaiG 2.3.1 Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.1.3-8.4 With Cydia 1.1.20 Bundled

About four days ago, TaiG released version 2.3.0 of its jailbreak tool with Saurik's new rootless Cydia Installer 1.1.19 bundled up inside so that it would be installed automatically upon jailbreaking your iOS 8.1.3-8.4 device, but it wasn't long before Saurik released Cydia Installer 1.1.20 with bug fixes.

As you might expect, this means that TaiG has posted a new version of its jailbreak tool online dubbed version 2.3.1. All this update does differently from the last is that it installs the latest version of Cydia Installer (1.1.20) along with your jailbreak.

Interestingly, TaiG has posted this update on its Web site as a "Beta," which suggests that perhaps TaiG has made other changes in the jailbreak tool too that they may be testing internally, but the public change log simply says that Cydia 1.1.20 is the only change.

Those jailbroken with TaiG 2.3.0 can simply update Cydia Installer from Cydia, so there's no reason to re-jailbreak if you want the latest version of Cydia. Nonetheless, if you still want to jailbreak with the latest version of TaiG, then TaiG 2.3.1 Beta is available at this link. On the other hand, if you would rather jailbreak with the stable release of TaiG 2.3.0, then you can head over to this link.

Our guide on how to jailbreak with TaiG 2 for iOS 8.1.3-8.4 is available at this link.

Source: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG Posts TaiG 2.3.1 Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.1.3-8.4 With Cydia 1.1.20 Bundled started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      mgmm1 -
      I re-jailbroke with TaiG version 2.20. I'm not sure when the issue first started, but when I do a search or send an email to a developer from Cydia, my keyboard shows as spanish for the language. When using any other app like Messages, browser, etc., my keyboard is in English which my setting is at.

Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to correct it? It makes it difficult to type and keep correcting each word.
      kickerman65 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
      I re-jailbroke with TaiG version 2.20. I'm not sure when the issue first started, but when I do a search or send an email to a developer from Cydia, my keyboard shows as spanish for the language. When using any other app like Messages, browser, etc., my keyboard is in English which my setting is at.

Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to correct it? It makes it difficult to type and keep correcting each word.
      Do you even have spanish enabled as an alternative keyboard in settings?
      atorres062 -
      And still no Mac????
      bbrks -
      Taig never released Mac version, so if you want jailbreak, you should consider virtual Windows on your MAC.
      the_chosen_one -
      Is anyone having problems with using that window program on Mac??
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
      And still no Mac????
      Windows is dominant in Asia. Remember where this jailbreak is coming from
      Krayziezay -
      Thanks I will be trying this when I get home tomorrow
      atorres062 -
      Anyone know why I get this message on the TaiG application? "Apple driver hasn't been found. Please download and install iTunes" I also have the latest iTunes installed so I don't understand what's happening. Thanks in advance
      mgmm1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
      Anyone know why I get this message on the TaiG application? "Apple driver hasn't been found. Please download and install iTunes" I also have the latest iTunes installed so I don't understand what's happening. Thanks in advance
      I got this message and downgraded to iTunes 12.0.1 and was able to use TaiG after installing the older iTunes version. Make sure you uninstall the new version first and any other Apple programs installed..then install the older version.
      atorres062 -
      Well I was on the previous version of iTunes and it did the same thing so I figured if I update iTunes it would solve the problem but that didn't work. Thanks though
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Now my apps aren't updating. [emoji30]
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook