• Apple Releases iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 El Capitan Public Betas Under Public Beta Program



    On Thursday, Apple released public betas of iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 El Capitan for participants of Apple's Public Beta Program. The iOS 9 developer preview mobile firmware and OS X 10.11 El Capitan developer preview desktop operating system saw a new developer seed yesterday alongside watch OS 2 with additional improvements and bug fixes to make the operating systems more stable.

    Being a part of the Public Beta Program means that users don't have to be registered developers to get their hands on the preview releases. Instead, simply being signed up for the Public Beta Program, regular users can obtain preview releases to test out the new operating systems and help report bugs in the operating systems to Apple to aid in a more stable release come this Fall.

    Those registered with the Public Beta Program can visit the Public Beta Program Web site to access new previews. iOS 9 will run on all devices that can run iOS 8, while OS X 10.11 El Capitan will run on all devices that can run OS X 10.10 Yosemite, which means that no devices or machines have been nixed from support with this release.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Releases iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 El Capitan Public Betas Under Public Beta Program started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 22 Comments
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      It seems the site is down due to traffic
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Im just trying to get my hands on Watch OS Beta 3. Hook me up Apple :]
    1. mike42's Avatar
      mike42 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Im just trying to get my hands on Watch OS Beta 3. Hook me up Apple :]
      Lucky I'm still waiting!! [emoji17]
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Hmm, this new app switcher definitely needs to become a lot less blurry before final release unless they improve Metal tremendously between now and then. I like the new iCloud Drive features a lot though. It's exactly like I thought they should do from the beginning. I don't know why they didn't mention it in the keynote.
    1. studderman's Avatar
      studderman -
      Is this ios 9 testing beta TaiG jailbreak compatible?
    1. angel_92701's Avatar
      angel_92701 -
      i download and installed beta 9 already.seem fine to me
    1. scott414's Avatar
      scott414 -
      Is the beta safe for download give me a feed back how is it
    1. ThuD Muffin's Avatar
      ThuD Muffin -
      You can certainly tell it's a beta, but I have to give some credit to Apple. This is a seriously stable beta so far.
    1. Rcworship's Avatar
      Rcworship -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Hmm, this new app switcher definitely needs to become a lot less blurry before final release unless they improve Metal tremendously between now and then. I like the new iCloud Drive features a lot though. It's exactly like I thought they should do from the beginning. I don't know why they didn't mention it in the keynote.
      What's the difference?
    1. Rcworship's Avatar
      Rcworship -
      I installed OS X. Pretty cool so far with only a couple tiny issues. Doesn't seem to be a ground breaking release, just a few nice additions. I'll have to install it on the MacBook Pro (2009) and see if it helps battery life...
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
      What's the difference?
      The differences in iCloud Drive are that you can use it to upload files from Safari and send attachments from Mail, and you can have access to everything in iCloud Drive from your home screen if you enable it in Settings. This means you can drop a file into iCloud Drive on your Mac and open it in any supporting app on your iPhone, or just look at it in the iCloud Drive app. It's really cool and I've already used it to get some PDFs from my computer into iBooks.
    1. Rcworship's Avatar
      Rcworship -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      ... really cool and I've already used it to get some PDFs from my computer into iBooks.
      Great-it's about time! I won't get my hopes up just yet as they had a complete waste for the first iteration, imho.
    1. scott414's Avatar
      scott414 -
      I'm tempted to install the beta on my 4s any advice is it any good
    1. echoes49's Avatar
      echoes49 -
      Tried installing iOS 9 on my iPad mini 2. Stuck at the Apple logo. Will try again today.
    1. Labluver's Avatar
      Labluver -
      Is the Apple Watch included in the Beta Testing? I don't see anything on the Beta site but if I install iOS 9 will it update the watch to 2 or at least still be compatible?
    1. H3LLGWAR's Avatar
      H3LLGWAR -
      I did all the steps but when i try to download the update on my phone it just stays "Checking for update..." anyone else had this issue?
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by H3LLGWAR View Post
      I did all the steps but when i try to download the update on my phone it just stays "Checking for update..." anyone else had this issue?
      Are you jailbroken?
    1. echoes49's Avatar
      echoes49 -
      Again, stuck at the apple logo. mmmm
    1. Rickyfl84's Avatar
      Rickyfl84 -
      I installed it and so far it's very stable. Very minor bugs and drops in animations but nothing serious. Most apps I use work fine so far, and the best thing is I have experienced a very noticeable increase in battery performance. I usually end the day close to 10% and I've used the phone all day today and still at 44% so it's really impressive. Very happy with this release.
    1. ThuD Muffin's Avatar
      ThuD Muffin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rickyfl84 View Post
      I installed it and so far it's very stable. Very minor bugs and drops in animations but nothing serious. Most apps I use work fine so far, and the best thing is I have experienced a very noticeable increase in battery performance. I usually end the day close to 10% and I've used the phone all day today and still at 44% so it's really impressive. Very happy with this release.
      I've had similar results as well with regards to battery life! It really makes you wonder what exactly they did to get this performance.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook