• Saurik Releases Cydia Installer 1.1.22 With Bug Fixes

On Friday, Saurik (Jay Freeman) launched another Cydia Installer update.

The new Cydia Installer 1.1.22, which came just after Cydia Installer 1.1.21, is available under the Changes tab in Cydia right now with a variety of bug fixes to make Cydia more reliable.

Changes from both the Cydia Installer 1.1.21 and 1.1.22 releases include the following:

Cydia 1.1.21 is a bug fix release

Shared Sources Sometimes Broke

Using a URL to share a package from a third-party repository that had a typo could lead to an unremovable source.

Clearing Caches Could Kill Cydia

A user reported a situation where they ran out of disk space, iOS cleared their caches, and then Cydia wouldn't run.

Upgrading Cydia Broke AppleTVs :/

Users of the AppleTV 2 jailbreak who upgraded to Cydia 1.1.19 or .20 would lose access to the core Cydia sources.

Cydia 1.1.22 is a bug fix release

Trivial Sources Had No Packages

Users who upgraded to Cydia 1.1.21 reported that all "trivial" APT sources they had added via Cydia (which are the vast majority of third-party sources used by normal users :/) did not show any packages. Frowny pants . Fixed?
    Bug fixes range from broken sources, to cache-clearing problems, to Apple TV compatibility problems, to trivial sources no longer showing any packages.

Cydia 1.1.22, like Cydia 1.1.19 and later, runs as mobile instead of root, allowing mobile substrate tweaks to modify the appearance and functionality of the Cydia user interface.

Source: Cydia
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Releases Cydia Installer 1.1.22 With Bug Fixes started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      guitarplaya7777 -
      I am using an iPhone 6+ running 8.1.1 and got the popup to install essential updates. I did not update or install any other packages. After installing the complete updates, I cannot see anything on the "Cydia" Tab except "About" in the top left corner and "Reload" in the top right corner. I also cannot see any package details. I can see what packages I have installed or in the "Changes" tab, but when I select a package, the screen is white and just has the "<Installed" in the top left. In all cases, the tabs at the bottom are present.

I am able to view the package details when I put my phone into safe mode and then open Cydia. Any ideas about how to fix it?
      bobnwako -
      Quote Originally Posted by guitarplaya7777 View Post
      I am using an iPhone 6+ running 8.1.1 and got the popup to install essential updates. I did not update or install any other packages. After installing the complete updates, I cannot see anything on the "Cydia" Tab except "About" in the top left corner and "Reload" in the top right corner. I also cannot see any package details. I can see what packages I have installed or in the "Changes" tab, but when I select a package, the screen is white and just has the "<Installed" in the top left. In all cases, the tabs at the bottom are present.

I am able to view the package details when I put my phone into safe mode and then open Cydia. Any ideas about how to fix it?
      Update to iOS 8.4 and re-jailbreak with TAIG tool. Everything will show up. Thanks!
      oldskoolsk8r -
      Quote Originally Posted by guitarplaya7777 View Post

Yup update and rejailbreak easy peasy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Neojok -
      Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
      Yup update and rejailbreak easy peasy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I am still on 8.1.2 on i6+ and no problem at all! I'm too lazy to update to iOS 8.4 ha
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook