• TaiG Launches Version 2.4.1 Beta of its iOS 8.1.3-8.x Jailbreak Tool With Bug Fixes

On Friday, TaiG launched an updated version of its jailbreak tool (version 2.4.1 beta) on its Web site with bug fixes to improve the reliability of the jailbreak process for those that have still been unable to successfully jailbreak their devices.

As noted by the change log, the new tool is supposed to stop the problem with getting stuck at 60% and not being able to proceed after that. Moreover, the jailbreak process has been optimized to improve its success rate.

V2.4.1 Beta (2015-07-10)
    • Fix the issue of getting stuck at 60% based on users' feedback.
    • Optimize the process of jailbreak; improve the process's stability.
    The updated jailbreak tool comes just hours after the new Cydia Installer release, version 1.1.22, which improves on bugs of its own for those that are already jailbroken. This release of TaiG does not include the latest version of Cydia, so it' likely to be bundled with the tool in a future update or before the tool comes out of beta.

To download the latest version of TaiG, you can head over to this link. Our guide on how to jailbreak with TaiG is available at this link.

If you are already jailbroken and not experiencing any problems, there is no need to download this tool and re-jailbreak. Just keep all of your Cydia packages up to date.

Source: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG Launches Version 2.4.1 Beta of its iOS 8.1.3-8.x Jailbreak Tool With Bug Fixes started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 28 Comments
      Carvensno -
      How about fixing the iTunes issue so we can use latest version instead of old version.
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      How about fixing the iTunes issue so we can use latest version instead of old version.
      I would love to use the latest version of iTunes instead of 12.0.1. and have my apps update again. I don't know if it's the jailbreak or not but I'm about to DFU restore and re-jailbreak. Other then that no problems.
      zazouboy -
      It worked perfectly for me using the latest version of iTunes.
      Used a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 8.1 and all the latest Windows updates, latest version of iTunes, and Taig tool numbered 2.3.1.
      Made a fresh restore of my iPhone 5S, made sure it was recognised by iTunes, turned off Find my phone, no passcode, turned flight mode on, and it took less than 5 minutes to jailbreak successfully...
      echoes49 -
      I used the latest version of iTunes.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      That issue has already been fixed in a previous update for TaiG. Note the change logs.
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      Read the change logs... It was fixed in the 2.1 version........
      Carvensno -
      Hmmm...??? Ya I downloaded the updated one the other day to JB my moms phone and had latest iTunes installed and still gave me the driver error and giving the link to download older version iTunes. This was on a Win7 Pro computer.
      hopethemodworx -
      I used the latest version and had zero issues.
      hopethemodworx -
      I gotta dl the iTunes patch when it says error.
      jackbauerctu -
      I successfully jb my phone but only after 5 tries. I tried to just update my phone to 8.4 and rejailbreak. Got stuck at 60%. Tried several times again and got the same result. I ended up doing a DFU restore and then attempting the jailbreak again before it actually worked. Then just restored from backup.
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by zazouboy View Post
      It worked perfectly for me using the latest version of iTunes.
      Used a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 8.1 and all the latest Windows updates, latest version of iTunes, and Taig tool numbered 2.3.1.
      Made a fresh restore of my iPhone 5S, made sure it was recognised by iTunes, turned off Find my phone, no passcode, turned flight mode on, and it took less than 5 minutes to jailbreak successfully...
      Me too. Latest version of iTunes with latest version of Taig
      rolandgabor -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      I successfully jb my phone but only after 5 tries. I tried to just update my phone to 8.4 and rejailbreak. Got stuck at 60%. Tried several times again and got the same result. I ended up doing a DFU restore and then attempting the jailbreak again before it actually worked. Then just restored from backup.
      Find my iPhone has to be off
      Passcode has to be off
      Wifi has to be off
      Auto lock has to be off

Than it works like a charm
      Chuck1969 -
      Any idea when a Mac jailbreak will be available? I know TAIG won't, but any word on any others?
      Sage I -
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1969 View Post
      Any idea when a Mac jailbreak will be available? I know TAIG won't, but any word on any others?
      That's what I kept waiting for, finally broke down and did the whole virtual windows thing and it worked like a charm... I'll definitely feel much more comfortable in the future doing it like that if no Mac version is available...
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
      I gotta dl the iTunes patch when it says error.
      I just downloaded the patch and will dfu restore and re-jailbreak in the morning to see if it works.
      atorres062 -
      I still get the same stupid message "Apple driver hasn't been found. Please download and install iTunes" this is ******** I've already been trying since yesterday, updated and downgraded iTunes.
      Albut -
      Best way to get past the 60% is to back up, erase all data, put into recovery mode, set up as new iPhone in iTunes, jailbreak, restore. Worked for me. Seems previous JB leaves behind files that prevent success.
      StaceyMJ86 -
      After following all the instructions with the patch I was able to dfu restore my 6+ and re-jailbreak again with the latest iTunes!
      SirAllecrop -
      What's dfu restore mean?
      SirAllecrop -
      I'm trying every update. And what everyone says and it still doesn't work. My one computer gets stuck at 30 percent and my laptop says there is no Apple driver. I'm about to smash both my computers and my ipad
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook