• Saurik Releases Cydia Installer 1.1.23 With Package Downgrades, Easier Tweak Discovery

Saurik has released yet another update for Cydia Installer on Sunday, this time bringing Cydia Installer up to version 1.1.23. This update isn't much of a bug fix release, but rather a release that adds some new features to Cydia that users have been requesting for a long time.

In the new Cydia Installer version, Saurik is bringing a way to users to find tweaks and extensions for specific applications. For example, if you want to find tweaks made to improve on the Camera application or even the Cydia application itself, you can now do that with Cydia's new "Find Extensions for Applications" section on the main page, which brings you to the following interface:

What's nice about this feature is being able to search by application so that you don't have to play a guessing game with the search function of Cydia. Sometimes the keywords that you enter aren't in the name of the tweak, and as such, it makes it very difficult to find what you're looking for; so because of this, we think this new feature is going to be enjoyed by most of you, especially those newer to the jailbreak scene, that want to find new things to install and try on your devices.

Moreover, Cydia Installer 1.1.23 also supports package downgrades, which means that it is possible to install a previous version of a tweak after downloading a jailbreak tweak update and finding that it just causes your device to crash or not work properly. At this point in time, the Cydia description seems to imply that Saurik will only be providing this feature for his own jailbreak tweaks, but it's possible that third-party developers could take advantage of this too, allowing them to host an older version of their tweaks in Cydia for a short period of time after an update so that users can downgrade if they experience any problems.

Lastly, Cydia 1.1.23 Installer fixes a bug that could cause Cydia to stop working after clearing their caches. Saurik notes that one user reported the issue after their device ran out of storage space and had no other choice but to try and clear some of their storage space. When they did, Cydia simply wouldn't run anymore. So now that this is fixed, you should be fine to clear your caches if you get too full.

Cydia Installer 1.1.23 is recommended for all jailbreakers and is available under the Changes tab in the Cydia application. You will be prompted for a "Complete Upgrade" after your sources update, which you should then install.

Let us know what you think about this update in the comments!

Source: Cydia
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Releases Cydia Installer 1.1.23 With Package Downgrades, Easier Tweak Discovery started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      novadam -
      awesome!!!
      miketurbo123 -
      I've been waiting for this!
      JoeStorm -
      All I want is for 'AND' to be recognized in the search.
      mgmm1 -
      This is a great update. Thanks Saurik.
      exNavy -
      Aye carumba another update!
      Sage I -
      That's the biggest noticeable change to Cydia in a long time... Mr. Freeman is a Boss!
      jetsetjoey -
      Hello everyone~
      I am able to see ALL of these message ONLY because they are all contained on ONE page. If/when the # of the messages for this post EXCEED "1" & the "Next, 1, 2, 3, etc... Last" appear I am NOT NOT NOT able to view the messages beyond Page 1. YES, I have conveyed the problem to TechSupport & every other dept. @ modmyi.com... but ZERO reply! Also, yes, I have tried on MULTIPLE computers @ various locations (even @ Best Buy) the other day & I canNOT go to any page of comments beyond Page 1.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem???
      nading -
      Quote Originally Posted by jetsetjoey View Post
      Hello everyone~
      I am able to see ALL of these message ONLY because they are all contained on ONE page. If/when the # of the messages for this post EXCEED "1" & the "Next, 1, 2, 3, etc... Last" appear I am NOT NOT NOT able to view the messages beyond Page 1. YES, I have conveyed the problem to TechSupport & every other dept. @ modmyi.com... but ZERO reply! Also, yes, I have tried on MULTIPLE computers @ various locations (even @ Best Buy) the other day & I canNOT go to any page of comments beyond Page 1.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem???
      I've had this same problem for a while as well. I've tried multiple computers and browsers to no avail.
      novadam -
      click "view original post" at the end of the article.
      Simon -
      Downgrade is a pretty cool feature to have.
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      click "view original post" at the end of the article.
      Yeah, I don't know why it does that. It's been a long time that this site has been doing that.
      Maybe it's the version of vBulletin they're using or the way they set it up.
      Nuff Said -
      Mine works perfectly fine. I don't know why it does that for others.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook